• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Android phone recommendations/discussion?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mintyfresh
is there a new SERO deal with smart phones now? I left my awesome SERO plan to get my Evo.
As of Oct 1 (today), SERO users can upgrade to SERO Premium. Extra $10 a month gives you ability to use smartphones and adds Any Mobile Any Time and Unlimited GPS. Evo and Epic still have the extra $10 upcharge for 4G (or whatever Sprint is saying the charge is for nowadays). So $50 a month for 4G phones. Annoyingly, the rep assured me that the overnight shipping will not get my phone to me tomorrow. I am somewhat unconvinced, but am having it sent to my hotel in DC, so I should have it by Monday at worst. Edit - unfortunately, this is only available for customers who are on SERO as of 10/1.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeaaaaa I rooted my hero and put on VillainRom12 last night. Sick and tired of waiting for telus to roll out 2.1 (doesn't even look like it's gonna happen).

Artisan Fran

Reaction score
In my consulting work I have talked to many CXOs who all tell me the Android is the future. They are all very smart people too.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Going to give the Epic a shot; we'll see how it goes.
Cool. Now that 2.2's out it'll hopefully fix some of the more annoying problems. Post up your impressions when you get it.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Cool. Now that 2.2's out it'll hopefully fix some of the more annoying problems. Post up your impressions when you get it.

Will do.

I'm curious - what features are you holding out for that you can't get on the Evo or Epic?

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo

FroYo isn't out, and no release date has been announced (for the Epic).

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas

ffffuuuu.gif
You're right, the update isn't FroYo. Samsung's crappy support is my major concern regarding the Epic. This thing should have launched with 2.2.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Will do. I'm curious - what features are you holding out for that you can't get on the Evo or Epic?
They're already dated and both of them have their flaws. New hardware keeps coming out left and right. My main hold up is committing to Sprint for another 2 years. They've got the worst customer service and abysmal reception in my area. If it wasn't for my Airave I would have dropped them a long time ago. The only thing that keeps me is the great price of the plan that I have.
Originally Posted by Gravitas
Originally Posted by dcg
ffffuuuu.gif
You're right, the update isn't FroYo. Samsung's crappy support is my major concern regarding the Epic. This thing should have launched with 2.2.

****. I thought the update had 2.2 in it. That was the rumor anyhow. Samsung has absolutely awful customer service. I wouldn't buy one of their phones if it was my only option.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Already dated compared to what? We're only a few months from the top of the product cycle.
The next generation of phones will be rolling out all throughout the end of the year and into next year. Panasonic just announced a Lumix phone. WP7 will be intro'ed 10/11. The new Verizon/HTC mashup will be out in a few months if rumors hold true. The odds are that the EVO and EPIC will get outpaced by Christmas.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In terms of hardware? Extremely doubtful.

If you're interested in a W7 phone, I can understand, but if you're going to stick with Android I don't see why you'd wait. Or rather, your rationale for waiting could be used to put off buying indefinitely because the next upgrade will always be a few months around the corner.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
In terms of hardware? Extremely doubtful. If you're interested in a W7 phone, I can understand, but if you're going to stick with Android I don't see why you'd wait. Or rather, your rationale for waiting could be used to put off buying indefinitely because the next upgrade will always be a few months around the corner.
Not necessarily. The new batches of phones are all using new Snapdragon chips and a few are slated to come with the new 1.2/3ghz chips (don't know the name). For evidence, check out the new reviews of the G2. Its got an 800mhz processor that, being from the new line of Snapdragons, is testing out just as fast as the 1ghz in the EVO and EPIC. They also might contain components that are better than what's in the EVO/EPIC (camera, screen, etc.). Plus, here in the US, we have to take carriers into account. As I said before, neither the EVO nor the EPIC are sufficiently drool worth to get me to lock myself into another 2 years of a specific provider.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Althis
Here's some more pics of my phone http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j149/marsupialedman10/snap20100930_104753.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j149/marsupialedman10/snap20100930_104801.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j149/marsupialedman10/snap20100930_104756.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j149/marsupialedman10/snap20100930_104810.png
where'd you get that theme? if I were you, i'd try to stick with the phone oyu have for right now. it seems like november is the big month for the next drop for top of the line phones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads