• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothin like 43 stabs in the arms to kick off your last work day of the week....

View attachment 1067899 View attachment 1067900

Smoke em if you got em. Hope that’s an allergy test and not something worse.

My current labor conditions.

View attachment 1067941 View attachment 1067942 View attachment 1067943

Congress got another raise though so all is well.

Black mold?!

Have some staples, I’ve got plenty.

Second liver transplant from Saturday night. I’ll be out tomorrow or Monday. Basically as soon as the level out the anti rejection meds.
View attachment 1067956 View attachment 1067957
It was a big liver, I’m not looking quite as svelte as I would like.

Holy bench welt Batman, speedy recovery to you sir!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me the 201 in 9.5 EEE is just too long I think, I need to tighten it too much to reduce the heel slipping which hurts the top of my foot. I need to try on a 9 or 8.5 and see if that solves it for me. The 201 may be like the 511 for me and just not work.

Interesting. I fit really well into the 201. The biggest lesson I've learned in 2018 is that if the waist is too big, it's going to cause me pain at the instep when walking. The 108 has a closed V gap for me, but the waist is narrow enough so that I get excellent support. My University shoes in 8 E have this waist problem, as do these C&J shoes.

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

liquidjelly

Reaction score
View attachment 1068067
View attachment 1068066
Greetings, fellow enthusiasts. Except for having spent too much on shoes recently, what a great day today. Digging my outfit. LL Bean cords, Lands’ End OCBD and cashmere crew neck, AE Central Ave belt (obscured) and Alden 97891 Whiskey LWB.

Additionally, my first arrival.
View attachment 1068068
Alden 9501

View attachment 1068069
Was intending to pair with the red cords. So far so good!

How did you acquire those shoes? I can't seem to find them listed anywhere!

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you acquire those shoes? I can't seem to find them listed anywhere!
Alden shell in non #8 and black are a mystery to acquire...they are not a stock item. If you have the funds to secondary market them(typically more than retail) that is the way to go. Otherwise it is just a game of getting on lists and becoming friends with everyone in the Alden thread.

It takes work and luck but they can be had.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1000.jpeg

Would make a great everyday model regardless, but a nice base for a the start of a Jingle boot. Maybe with Donegal Tweed panels with a touch of red.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I fit really well into the 201. The biggest lesson I've learned in 2018 is that if the waist is too big, it's going to cause me pain at the instep when walking. The 108 has a closed V gap for me, but the waist is narrow enough so that I get excellent support. My University shoes in 8 E have this waist problem, as do these C&J shoes.

That's interesting, ProfilaBinding. I fit well into the 108 (Clark St. Blucher's), but the 201 is really at the upper limit of volume for me with a closed V gap, even when new.

What C&J last are those shoes on? I make a mental not to stay away, or fatten up my feet.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natty HM's for yard work today. These are turning dark with use/abuse. This is the "beater" experimental pair that has been in everything from the lake to mucking out a stable. The mud washed off last Saturday when the dog drug me into the lake trying to catch ducks. View attachment 1067948 View attachment 1067949

They look great! Mine are darkening, too, but not so much as that. I'll post 'em soon.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's interesting, ProfilaBinding. I fit well into the 108 (Clark St. Blucher's), but the 201 is really at the upper limit of volume for me with a closed V gap, even when new.

What C&J last are those shoes on? I make a mental not to stay away, or fatten up my feet.

I would agree there's more volume in the 201 than the 108.

They only use this last (236) to make this one model, so you don't have to worry about avoiding it.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1068067
View attachment 1068066
Greetings, fellow enthusiasts. Except for having spent too much on shoes recently, what a great day today. Digging my outfit. LL Bean cords, Lands’ End OCBD and cashmere crew neck, AE Central Ave belt (obscured) and Alden 97891 Whiskey LWB.

Additionally, my first arrival.
View attachment 1068068
Alden 9501

View attachment 1068069
Was intending to pair with the red cords. So far so good!
I have a pair, and they are very underrated. Looking good Sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics