1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Puchases through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2018 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Fueco, Jan 1, 2018.

1. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Distinguished Member

Assuming you mean the ones on my feet. They came from The Shoe Mart. I used the feature on the website to sign up for notification for all of the “exotic” shell models they has listed earlier in the year (like five times each). They have since removed that feature. Then I was EXTREMELY LUCKY (if I could make it blink too I would) to receive an email from them after about six to eight months. Then I had 72 hours to call them or they move on to the next person. Now that they have removed any access to “exotic” shell on their website, I think you just need to call them and ask to be placed on a/the list. They will record your preference and then your next move is to just forget all about it. I think part of the key is to legitimately have no hope of acquiring a pair. Easier said than done. I am rather talented at feeling hopeless (humble brag) being a poor fisherman, and I think this time it worked in my favor.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018

2. St Hubbins

My new J Crew chinos have arrived and I’m very pleased with the Catskill Green color. Just what I was looking for. How many green pants does a guy need? I think I’m up to five or six.

3. AJ1

AJ1 Senior Member

These are on my radar. Will we see some pics soon? Did you pick up the broken in or standard chinos?

4. St Hubbins

Broken In is the only way to go for me as I hate stretch fabrics. It’s my fourth pair of the 770 chinos now. Love fit and weight of the fabric. I still “need” both the Coal Grey and River Brown. I’m sure the green ones will make a debut soon.

5. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

Wow, you guys are right about brushing. I kept getting this weird crusty white stuff on my green shell Parks on the main creases. I was worried about it and put a little bit of bick4 on it in the past. This week, I decided to brush for 15 minutes nonstop. I then finally saw that brushing alone really does work. It just takes a lot of patience to get through it. The white stuff is gone and my Parks look much more shiny than before.

Also, how do you get rid of rain drop stains on shell? Will brushing alone do it?

6. LLEE

LLEE Senior Member

I’m sorry to hear that. I’ll have to cuddle my pup extra long tonight.
    Also, I wore the University’s tonight. The chilli works so well on that shoe

22242167-8698-4844-A753-FADCB969CA58.jpeg

7. pbrandes

pbrandes Senior Member

+1 (and many more I'm sure)

8. AEShoeMan

AEShoeMan Senior Member

That's a rough time - I'm sorry for your loss

9. darkclassic

darkclassic Senior Member

I've had three beagles over the years now and they tend to be the clowns of the household. They just make life better.

10. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Distinguished Member

Very sorry for your loss, your beagle would want you to find a puppy/friend that needs you to share that couch.

11. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Distinguished Member

Pardon if already answered, but, they last them with the shearling, so you should not need to size up.

I love the FAs but had fantasized that Caleres would offer a Shearling Mills, another shut up and take my money boot in almost any material - I'd buy a pair in camo at first sale. :)

12. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

Thanks all for your kind words

13. aero25

aero25 Distinguished Member

I'm so sorry. I feel your pain. We lost our German Shepherd mix just a couple of months ago.

14. audog

audog Distinguished Member

I went TTS, and they are a tiny bit tight with heavy socks, quite comfortable with normal weight socks. The Shearling doesn't seem to make a giant difference. But they are WARM, and I like that.

15. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

Sometimes, but usually a soak is better than drops on shell.
    https://vcleat.com/shell-cordovan-water-spots/