• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have some staples, I’ve got plenty.

Second liver transplant from Saturday night. I’ll be out tomorrow or Monday. Basically as soon as the level out the anti rejection meds.
View attachment 1067956 View attachment 1067957
It was a big liver, I’m not looking quite as svelte as I would like.

Love the spoiler for decency! That's brutal, hope all is well.

Modern medicine is fascinating.

Maxy

Reaction score
There's rain forecast and Bon Voyage for my Surrey Chukka!

20181108_103047.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hard to know for sure, but it seems like those "brown" Cambridge/Leeds are actually burgundy in poor lighting. The Cambridge lists the style number as 8685, and the Leeds as 9591, both of which are burgundy.

Edit: Which is probably for the better, since if the Leeds actually were brown, a pair would already be on their way.

Bummer, but it appears you are correct. The style number on my brown Cambridge if 8605.

liquidjelly

Reaction score
I've done exactly this, both with firsts, seconds, and a SMU pair in natural shell.

An expensive learning process for sure, but better to learn now than later. My collection used to be 12 strong, but now I've pared it down to 4 or 5.
I went through the same realization. In an effort to find AEs that fit, I bought lots of shoes on Ebay, plus seconds from the bank. In the end I had a lot of shoes and nothing really “special.” I sold lots of these back on Ebay. Much of this has now been corrected now that I found what fits and started picking up a few better shoes.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Thursday forum pals. Sad day with a mass shooting in a local bar. Non AE boots for the day.

IMG_3883.jpg

fourdoggies

Reaction score
B7449A50-A8E0-4AC7-971C-504D0F620006.jpeg
I’ve been pretty down on AE since none of their lasts seem to agree with my feet even though I love their styles. Bought and returned or sold so many of their shoes. So I’m so pumped these Daltons are a great fit.

I like them so much I had a pair in Walnut on my eBay watchlist but I got some Alden Ravello Bluchers today so they will have to wait.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1067990 I’ve been pretty down on AE since none of their lasts seem to agree with my feet even though I love their styles. Bought and returned or sold so many of their shoes. So I’m so pumped these Daltons are a great fit.

I like them so much I had a pair in Walnut on my eBay watchlist but I got some Alden Ravello Bluchers today so they will have to wait.
Fit is the only reason that I am still with AE. 73, 97, and 65 are great for me.

Thomas Crown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little color coordination from me for today’s event - oxblood AEs, blue pants and white/blue stripe shirt.

I was proud to participate in the US elections for the first time since becoming a naturalized citizen recently.

View attachment 1067033

View attachment 1067034
Well done sir! Some say their vote doesn’t matter,anyone from outside this country know that’s not the case. Alot of money and energy is put into trying to secure your vote and that wouldn’t happen if it weren’t crucial. It’s always a good feeling to participate in civic duty—welcome to the sometimes maddening but always essential process!

Thomas Crown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark olive canvas with Voter Mills
*all looking rough at the end of a long day!
View attachment 1067015
Nice move with the vote sticker on the Higgins! I’ll be wearing mine alot in the coming days,snow forcast for Wisconsin tomorrow—I was AWOL from the thread for awhile,I gleened from some responding posts that your wife had a health scare of some kind but things turned out favorably-looks like you had alot of well wishers on the forum. Good people on here,best to you @BagleyBrown

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have some staples, I’ve got plenty.

Second liver transplant from Saturday night. I’ll be out tomorrow or Monday. Basically as soon as the level out the anti rejection meds.
View attachment 1067956 View attachment 1067957
It was a big liver, I’m not looking quite as svelte as I would like.
A speedy recovery to you, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads