1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Puchases through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2018 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Fueco, Jan 1, 2018.

1. RMB35

RMB35 Senior Member

Does the Shearling change the fit? Did you go to TTS?

2. pbrandes

pbrandes Senior Member

Unexpected pickup off the Bay, new Ralph Lauren x AE Slatons in my size. Tan calf and white suede. I have no idea what last they're on, but they fit well.

IMG_3959.JPG

IMG_3960.JPG

3. Shoenut

Shoenut Distinguished Member

Nice pick up.

4. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Distinguished Member

6ACE45E3-FE66-4857-AA92-C8C2B1C3DEC1.gif
    Way cool.

5. liquidjelly

liquidjelly Senior Member

what boot is this?

6. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Shaker Heights MTO from back in the golden age. Not mine.

7. up1911fan

up1911fan Distinguished Member

What is that?

8. ELClodge

ELClodge Senior Member

Not sure if this will read right, but those look kooky in the best kind of way. I really like how you can date it just by the sole trimming. I can feel myself sliding into the vintage shoe thread...

9. savvysartorial

savvysartorial Senior Member

Sad news for me today, friends!

I have decided to part ways with the shell Bradleys I posted a while back due to the rip in the leather.

I've also had to send back the black shell Grayson in 11.5D if anyone is interested!! They'll be back at AE in a couple of days. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the shoe even though it was a second. I just found they don't fit me in that size. Also sending back a pair of burgundy shell Park Ave in 12D as well.... :censored:o_O

I think I've had a revelation that my actual shoe size is 12C so I will be getting a few pairs in the mail to test out this hypothesis. @St Hubbins got me on the fit kick. I think I'm just a low(er) volume foot with no fat on my feet and while the 12D works ok for me, I am hoping the 12C will give me a perfect feel and a little more grip in the heel cup.

Sad day as most of my shoes are 12D, but some of them can be remedied fairly easily. The 12D isn't massive on me, just gives me a little heel room and I have to lace pretty tightly.

10. savvysartorial

savvysartorial Senior Member

On a more positive note, I picked up an AWESOME pair of Alden shell I'll have to share very soon..... :bounce2:

11. armedferret

armedferret Distinguished Member

Fans of Cards Against Humanity will know exactly where I *COULD* go with my response to that.

I won't though.

Just kidding yes i will. The BIGGEST BLACKEST MOLD.

You guys wanna hear a fun story? This is hilarious. So hilarious we've already notified members of Congress from 7 different states (sometimes .mil life is fun......and sometimes you realize there's a shitload of flag officers who have no business leading a grade school field trip across the street to dairy queen, much less the US Military).

The Army garrison on our base technically owns the building our offices are in. They WERE dorms.....in the 1950s. Yes, the 1950s. Cinder block and concrete, never intended to have A/C, super drafty walls, the whole nine yards. These former dorms now are located inside a secure, fenced-in area (by "secure" i mean we've been in the news several times, recently just a couple years ago, for people being shot--AND KILLED--attempting to enter; you can probably figure it out but if not please don't ask, I won't straight up say it :hide: ). The parent agency inside that fence has MASSIVE renovations going on. There's plans for the area the buildings are on. Army, however, has decided that these 4 buildings need to be completely stripped/gutted and rebuilt as new dormitories. That's right, keep the original structure, never built to any sort of design utilizing climate controlled interior, and put up fresh ceilings and walls to allow all that nice humid summer mid-atlantic air to waft inside of. All while A/C cools the other side of that wall and/or ceiling.

What's that yield? Why, mold of course! And how much does the US Army want to spend? Oh, just a paltry $60 MILLION PER BUILDING. That's a quarter. of a BILLION. dollars. to use the same damn piss-poor 1950's shell of a building, KNOWING it'll just get moldy again. And the army will sit there and question why retention is so low....

Anyway, they want to spend A QUARTER OF A BILLION OF YOUR DOLLARS to do this, only to have it knocked down completely within 10 years. Probably 5. And completely replaced with something different.

Why anyone would want their Congresscritter to NOT know this thing is beyond me. I would think everyone in the country who knew about this plan by the army to waste a few hundred million taxpayer dollars on something that will not only fill back up with mold, but then be completely razed eventually, would want to peititon their member of congress to look in on this multimillion dollar fraud/waste/abuse issue.

I'm so ready to retire and GTFOH......

12. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

Man, I totally get that.
    Hope to see you kicking a long time yet.
    Aaaaaaaaaaand, no.
    Glad to see y'all are on the upswing. This place has been a good place for me at times as well.
    The santas are a shut up and take my money boot; no questions asked.
    So. Great. I love these.
    much cool.

13. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

Really excellent, congrats!

14. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

Lost a good friend today. I took my 16 yr old Beagle (my avatar) in to the Vet this morning, she had taken ill earlier in the week and I thought she might have pneumonia. Fully expecting to pick her up after work this evening, maybe with a prescription or two. But she was really ill, way worse than I knew, and did not come home.
    Now, no dogs in the house for the first time in 20 years (my 20 year old terrier passed this summer). Seems strange for them not to be here on the sofa with me.

15. Tool fan

Tool fan Member

I'm sorry for your loss.