• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a die cast model of an F40 for my 6th birthday, which started that love affair.

I’ll be sadly getting in my (admittedly economical, and paid off) Hyundai later this morning... if I play the audio of that video while I’m driving, it’s like the same thing right?

Basically.

Although this is coming from a guy who turned off the Soundaktor (piped-in engine noise--god I hate they do that now) on his GTI.

On that note, I'm swapping cars with the wifey. Have to head to Iowa on an impromptu family thing, and her diesel golf is WAY less thirsty (and the larger tank means much further between fillups--leave baltimore full, fill up in indianapolis or thereabouts) than Gunter Sanchez (because he's German, but Hecho en Mexico....get it? :hide: ).

t-shirts and jorts for me for a week.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice and looks like massive fun day. I once got to drive a friends Formula Ford around Road America in Wisconsin for a couple of laps, no cell phone or other video though, so I just have to use memory. Do you take it to the track often?
I wish. But I do when I can. Mainly I drive around back roads. Today will be to the office, to lunch with my boss and then probably the long way home that includes some twisty bits...

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to want an M44 or an SKS so bad several years back but never got around to purchasing one. My buddy and I used to go shoot his, that damn thing kicked like a mule lol.

Also, on the topic of Russian Cold War era rifles- Cosmoline is a B*TCH
I never picked up a Mosin when they were cheap. I may have picked up a few SKS before the boating accident. Love them.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basically.

Although this is coming from a guy who turned off the Soundaktor (piped-in engine noise--god I hate they do that now) on his GTI.

On that note, I'm swapping cars with the wifey. Have to head to Iowa on an impromptu family thing, and her diesel golf is WAY less thirsty (and the larger tank means much further between fillups--leave baltimore full, fill up in indianapolis or thereabouts) than Gunter Sanchez (because he's German, but Hecho en Mexico....get it? :hide: ).

I see what you did there.

And if you take a detour through Gainesville for the game against Kentucky, you’ll blend right in! Though might need to remove the sleeves from your t-shirt

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got a die cast model of an F40 for my 6th birthday, which started that love affair.

I’ll be sadly getting in my (admittedly economical, and paid off) Hyundai later this morning... if I play the audio of that video while I’m driving, it’s like the same thing right?
Nothing at all wrong with a car that is economical and PAID OFF!

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never picked up a Mosin when they were cheap. I may have picked up a few SKS before the boating accident. Love them.

Around 2008 when I was looking at them, I think they were something like $80 apiece (I seem to remember $77 as a specific number). Lots of regret.

Yugo SKS’s were a bit more- $300 iirc. That was the ultimate SHTF, TEOTWAWKI rifle though. I seem to recall the ammo being super cheap as well.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Basically.

Turned off my Soundaktor as well. :)

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing at all wrong with a car that is economical and PAID OFF!

Right? When my aunt passed away last year, my parents used part of the inheritance to pay it off. Also, thanks to my aunt, my wife and I have an apartment full of slightly dated, but very nice furniture.

I owe her a lot- part of the reason I run a marathon on behalf of the Alzheimer’s Association each year.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use OBDEleven device.

index2.jpg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Around 2008 when I was looking at them, I think they were something like $80 apiece (I seem to remember $77 as a specific number). Lots of regret.

Oh are we talking about the SKS now? Cause my early 1950 Tula (with the original spring-loaded firing pin that was too costly to continue manufacturing, but was how they avoided the whole slamfiring issue from gummed-up bolts) is a dream and a half.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh are we talking about the SKS now? Cause my early 1950 Tula (with the original spring-loaded firing pin that was too costly to continue manufacturing, but was how they avoided the whole slamfiring issue from gummed-up bolts) is a dream and a half

I always like the Yugo version with the bayonet attachment.

Dammit, now I’m looking at M44’s and SKS’s, when I absolutely don’t need one lol. Though prices don’t seem to have increased much on the SKS...

Edit: @armedferret, I feel like you would know this- are stripper clips/ammo still stupidly cheap like they were 10 years ago?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DAP (Deutsche Auto Parts) is where I got mine, love it and it has pre-coded mods, or will allow long coding.

I'm quite familiar, but with one diesel (formerly 2), VCDS made more sense for fuel filter replacements. $300 each time at the dealer, or $250 for a cable and then I can run the fuel pumps and prime the air out of the system to my heart's content.

Plus DSG service is supremely easy now too. Minus the whole taking apart half the engine bay thing to get to the filter. :hide:

Oh and on the AE thing, I got my catalog yesterday. I may have to burn it today. It was that unappealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members