• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
one last thing, as you can see the pic from above, the commando sole does not add a bulky look to the boot. like chrk33 mentioned, the Alden commando sole is actually relatively sleek. in fact, when I compare it side by side to a double leather, they look identical. hard to distinguish which is which from simply looking at the boot from the side

Dexter_

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a plain toe boot similar to the LS Pitt Boots in Whiskey and on the Grant last? The more I get into shell, the more I appreciate the creasing and patina and a simple plain toe is the way to go IMHO.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

courtesy of SF'er Robin. Plaza last SW, flat welt, all metal eyelets

Is Alden short on Whiskey? Im asking because of the the most recent Cigar shell shortage. If Cigar is out, and if Whiskey is rarer than Cigar, what does that mean for our boot?

Last edited:

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the entire forum would do anything to do a special order of #4 but it seems impossible to get so thats out of the question

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

courtesy of SF'er Robin. Plaza last SW, flat welt, all metal eyelets

Is Alden short on Whiskey? Im asking because of the the most recent Cigar shell shortage. If Cigar is out, and if Whiskey is rarer than Cigar, what does that mean for our boot?

Liking this a lot and could easily see this in Whiskey.

BTW, I stopped by Alden DC today and Joe was nice enough to let me try on a Ravello captoe shoe on the Plaza last that somebody had reserved (sorry if it was one of you guys who reserved it, I did my best not to crease it up). Love the Plaza last and am excited about this make up, especially now that I know what size I need.

In regards to Namor's scarcity question, who knows. It may be Christmas of next year before we see these but I'd be prepared to wait that long. I guess all the reason to place an order sooner rather than later.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burningbright, glad you dialed in your size in Plaza. Easily my favorite last and that is why I want to get this Whiskey shortwing boot made up. As for Namor's question, Alden isn't very good about transparency so no idea. But the sooner we put an order in the sooner we get the boots. And I for one am happy to wait if we can get something we love and is rare.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so did our ravello captoe order go through? this was through Kathy in DC right? can anyone confirm when the Leffot Ravello captoe comes in and if it is identical or similar to the order we all want?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so did our ravello captoe order go through? this was through Kathy in DC right? can anyone confirm when the Leffot Ravello captoe comes in and if it is identical or similar to the order we all want?

Ravello was through Leffot. The Whiskey Indy was through Kathy in DC.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ohhh ok ... i was getting confused. it sounded like Leffot had these on order and they were coming in very soon while we all signed up for a preorder of a very similar boot

nvm and carry on :)

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ohhh ok ... i was getting confused. it sounded like Leffot had these on order and they were coming in very soon while we all signed up for a preorder of a very similar boot

nvm and carry on :)

Actually this is the case. As was stated above, the Ravello cap toe style forum order is with Leffot. They also have a similar boot on the grant last being delivered in a few months.
I have a pre-order in for a pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads