• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1000K Wolverines - rainsoaked - help!

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
metropolis.gif

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bobm
Wow, against my better judgement I will just post a reply.
I know this is a fairly hip, youngish crowd and forum monitoring here (for good or bad) is at a minimum, so some people take that lack of moderation to be downright nasty - to say the least.
Also, Internet forums somehow embolden a few sitting in front of their computer keyboard to say things that would get them (rightly deserved) a real beatdown if said to the recipient face to face.
I guess with the greatness and treasure of the Internet, and lack of forum monitoring, this type of behavior, is a small, but unfortunate price to pay.

Bob

Kiya has a thread about some new collab jeans where SF was described as "a dive bar full of guys who like clothes" or something to that effect by one of the creators. You'll find that description is pretty consistent with some of the behavior here. I know I do, but I love dive bars

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have been using the 1000 mile boots in wet snowy weather here and they are def not workign that well. the sole gets very very cold from the cold pavement and seems to be freezing my feet
frown.gif
and it def feels a bit damp.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

bobm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
******** and die

I know this is a fairly hip, youngish crowd and forum monitoring here (for good or bad) is at a minimum, so some people take that lack of moderation to be downright nasty - to say the least.
Also, Internet forums somehow embolden a few sitting in front of their computer keyboard to say things that would get them (rightly deserved) a real beatdown if said to the recipient face to face.
I guess with the greatness and treasure of the Internet, and lack of forum monitoring, this type of behavior, is a small, but unfortunate price to pay.

Bob

You made my point; unfortunately.

Bob

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

Bob

You made my point; unfortunately.

Bob

Dear Bob,

Blow it out your assssssss.

Sincerely,
Duke

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
i have been using the 1000 mile boots in wet snowy weather here and they are def not workign that well.

the sole gets very very cold from the cold pavement and seems to be freezing my feet
frown.gif

and it def feels a bit damp.

These boots are uninsulated. You control how much insulation you get by the socks you wear. I've mentioned this several times when talking about what size to get. I also said that exposing them to wet weather day in and day out is not recommended because they are leather soled. Generally if
I expose them to very wet conditions for a day then they sit and dry out for 2 days before I wear them again.

What did you do treatment wise? That makes a big difference too.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
These boots are uninsulated. You control how much insulation you get by the socks you wear. I've mentioned this several times when talking about what size to get. I also said that exposing them to wet weather day in and day out is not recommended because they are leather soled. Generally if
I expose them to very wet conditions for a day then they sit and dry out for 2 days before I wear them again.

What did you do treatment wise? That makes a big difference too.

well i have pretty thick wool socks that i wear and when its not wet it seems to keep my feet pretty warm. i have been wearing them consecutively though the past 4 days in freezing cold snow conditions and that might be the reason...

it seems like the leather sole doesnt protect against cold ground that much anyways and is making my feet cold. and when it is moist, its even worse... after walking around in the snow for a bit, they def feel a bit moist on the inside.

i have put obernaufs lp on the leather and welt and i have no issues with that area being wet.

BTW what is going on with this thread?

bobm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Bob.

I'm not sure what's going on with your boots. I've gotten enough emails from people who used Sno seal or Obenaufs on the 1Ks (and other brands) with excellent results. I own a a pair of classic 1Ks, the 721 LTDs and the Montgomerys. All of them have been through much more water than what you described without leaking problems. Me thinks you may have a pair of defective boots. Contact Wolverine directly and see what they say. They have an excellent customer support staff and it wouldn't surprise me if they warranty them out and you get a new pair.

Hey Karl,

Was on the phone with Wolverine CS; long story short explained the situation to the rep and (after conferring with someone else) told me to expect the boots to get wet in any type of rain - not downpours, or standing in puddles, but any type of wet weather. Ok, I emailed her some of the posts here regarding applying waterproofing materials and got nowhere - same story - not meant to be worn in the rain. Ok, awaiting her response after she/they read some of the threads here. A tad frustrating, because she obviously isn't familiar enough with the boots to make an intelligent assessment about the boot's moisture resistence.

Bob

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Karl,

Was on the phone with Wolverine CS; long story short explained the situation to the rep and (after conferring with someone else) told me to expect the boots to get wet in any type of rain - not downpours, or standing in puddles, but any type of wet weather. Ok, I emailed her some of the posts here regarding applying waterproofing materials and got nowhere - same story - not meant to be worn in the rain. Ok, awaiting her response after she/they read some of the threads here. A tad frustrating, because she obviously isn't familiar enough with the boots to make an intelligent assessment about the boot's moisture resistence.

Bob

Boots are not meant to be worn in the rain.

Huh.

Count me out of ever buying Wolverine. I'll stick with the other reputable North American makers: Chippewa, Red Wing, White's, Wesco, Danner, Dayton, Viberg, etc. etc. etc.

I sno-sealed an old pair of Knapp Lineman's boots I inherited from my father, and they withstood ridiculous amounts of water.

Be careful about over-doing waterproofing your boots, too.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also the heel of my boot seems to be seperating for the sole.... hmm
i will post pics

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads