• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linen pub jacket.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks dudes! I think the photo would be a bit more flattering if I had been able to get the camera higher. I can assure that the pub jackets does not create a chubby look. The way it hangs and its shape and proportions create a slim profile. The roll of the collar is phenomenal. I got great use from it this summer. I also have the brown wool one, which I like even more.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not to rain on the NMWA parade, but buying direct from Vass was much less expensive than buying through NMWA. Though US customers no longer have that privledge..

Thanks for your contribution to this thread

Define "much less expensive" while at the same time not conveniently forgetting to factor in trees, wire fees, shipping and customs duties. Because everything is of course less expensive when one breaks the law and cheats on taxes and duties.

We also do not charge extra for Italian lasts, Italian polish or taps.

Last edited:

jaywhyy

Reaction score

Thanks for your contribution to this thread

Define "much less expensive" while at the same time not conveniently forgetting to factor in trees, wire fees, shipping and customs duties. Because everything is of course less expensive when one breaks the law and cheats on taxes and duties.

We also do not charge extra for Italian lasts, Italian polish or taps.

I was quoted 440 euro for museum calf m to on u last with trees by rezso last year. Unless duties and shipping are around 250 dollars to the United states, that's much less expensive.

ezlau

Reaction score

I was quoted 440 euro for museum calf m to on u last with trees by rezso last year. Unless duties and shipping are around 250 dollars to the United states, that's much less expensive.

With the SF10 discount, the difference in much less than that ($165 USD) If you count a $50 shipping and a 10% duty to be prudent, that puts it at about a $65 difference. Does rezso also offer you free return back to Euro and a shipping back to the US if you happen to pick a wrong size?

Also, are you the kind that walks into a boutique and tell them you can buy them for much cheaper buying from the manufacturing store in Italy and therefore they have to give you a steep discount?

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Does gdl offer returns on MTO?

My remark was just a challenge to stitches' comment. Lol at discounts, I'll take it if that offer it, but vass lasts dont fit my feet.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please feel free proceed with a direct order and add up all the costs between shoe prices, any extras, shipping costs, wire transfer and other bank fees, customs duties and Fedex customs clearance fees - and please let us know the total cost is to you at the end. Then, think about the extra costs if there happens to be an issue with your order (not made to your specs). If you frequent the Vass thread, I'm sure you know that this happens with some frequency. When it happens with our orders, we inspect the shoes and ship them back to Vass at out cost, request a fixed or new pair, pay shipping and duties on those too - and our customer never even knows there was anything wrong with his order.

We have a different business model - we factor in ALL the costs into one price for our customer and there's no hassle or surprises involved. Some prefer to jump through hoops to save $50 on a pair of high end shoes (or lose $ if they ever need to exchange them). Others like to work with us instead, get the shoes they ordered delivered hassle-free to them, at a clear price. You're free to do the former, but it's misinformation (not to mention poor taste) to jump in like you did in the thread that we host.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jaywhyy

Reaction score
I've alluded to that the upcharhe is worth it to the non ten-cent millionaires first dipping their foot in vass.

Will disagree that the remark was misinformation or in poor taste. Consumers should post their honest thoughts and opinions be it about prices or quality of a product, and vendors should take that as an opportunity to respond, show their side, and be receptive to feedback if need be. If the vendor responds in an effective way, then that's good,for business. Take that as you may.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads