• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright! Measurements updated and I grabbed the last Large.

The Quiet Owl

Reaction score
On the Wythe Bedford cords, if anyone knows: how much permanent stretching should one expect? Right now, according to the measurements, size 36 seems like it would fit me perfectly, but I'm worried about them loosening over time. Also--about how long does it take for the Bedford cords to stretch out? Just a couple wears or a bit slower than that? Thanks in advance if anyone has some intel.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the Wythe Bedford cords, if anyone knows: how much permanent stretching should one expect? Right now, according to the measurements, size 36 seems like it would fit me perfectly, but I'm worried about them loosening over time. Also--about how long does it take for the Bedford cords to stretch out? Just a couple wears or a bit slower than that? Thanks in advance if anyone has some intel.

I am a size 36 in basically everything and I bought a size 36 in the Bedford cords. I’ve probably only worn them a handful of times, but haven’t noticed a ton of stretching.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wythe Bedford cords stretched a usual cotton jeans amount for me. Though unlike jeans they did so very quickly. I think I’m not the only person to say this here, if you search this thread.

jaaz16

Reaction score
Thanks to you both, very helpful. Didn't think to search the thread, as I should have.
The waist stretched a bit, like any cotton pants, but not a crazy amount. The best thing about them for me is that the seat didn’t really stretch much at all. But the thighs and everything stayed the same mostly. I say if they fit good now they’ll continue to fit good; don’t size down or anything.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Wythe shirt works.

IMG_1110.jpeg

Iskander

Reaction score
Can anyone who has the Tricker's Longwings comment on sizing? I see the NMWA website says TTS but I've heard the 2298 last is pretty narrow in the forefoot and some people only go down a half size from US to UK.

professor

Reaction score
Can anyone who has the Tricker's Longwings comment on sizing? I see the NMWA website says TTS but I've heard the 2298 last is pretty narrow in the forefoot and some people only go down a half size from US to UK.
Hmm. I find them pretty roomy TBH. I have a somewhat narrow foot, and I went down the standard one full size from US to UK. Any less than that wouldn't have worked for me.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great. What size did you take? TTS?

I’m a 42 jacket size and I’m between a M and L in shirts. A lot of larges are too big and a lot of mediums are too small.

This is a medium.

It fits just about exactly like a Portuguese flannel large and is about the same (maybe a bit trimmer) than RRL large.

My only other Wythe shirt is the Sun faded chambray, which is a large (medium was unwearable for me).

deanandrewj

Reaction score
Thanks very helpful. Oddly enough I’m basically the same size haha
I’m a 42 jacket size and I’m between a M and L in shirts. A lot of larges are too big and a lot of mediums are too small.

This is a medium.

It fits just about exactly like a Portuguese flannel large and is about the same (maybe a bit trimmer) than RRL large.

My only other Wythe shirt is the Sun faded chambray, which is a large (medium was unwearable for me).
e

Iskander

Reaction score
Hmm. I find them pretty roomy TBH. I have a somewhat narrow foot, and I went down the standard one full size from US to UK. Any less than that wouldn't have worked for me.
Thanks. How much room do you have in them? My foot is on the wider side so I'm wondering if they would work for me.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I shouldn’t have slept on it but is there a way to order additional sizes in a XXL?

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Week three already! We've got some extra pieces from Inis Meain, Portuguese Flannel, Document, 3sixteen, and Wythe, but we've also got a few big drops.

I'll start with IKIJI as it's always been a personal favorite and we have some great new styles in the mix this time around.

IKIJI FW23 - 5.jpg

IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Molded_polo_sweater_in_dark_brown_wool_mix (6).jpg IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Molded_polo_sweater_in_pink_wool_mix (7).jpg

Molded polos are back, and lovely as ever. These are sort of a signature for IKIJI at this point, and they use a 3d knitting machine so there is no waste, it's got a great anatomical shape, all that good stuff. Just an all-timer.

IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Turtleneck_in_ecru_washable_wool_jersey (10).jpg IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Turtleneck_in_ecru_washable_wool_jersey (3).jpg IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Turtleneck_in_navy_wool_jersey (3).jpg IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Short-sleeve_t-shirt_in_light_pink_washable_wool_jersey (5).jpg IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Short-sleeve_t-shirt_in_natural_washable_wool_jersey (7).jpg IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Short-sleeve_t-shirt_in_charcoal_washable_wool_jersey (6).jpg IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Short-sleeve_t-shirt_in_black_washable_wool_jersey (2).jpg

Speaking of all-timers, wool jersey turtlenecks and tees are here and we had to get the full range. I think every season I go on and on about these but there is something so hard to beat about these. They regulate temperature well, they are super low-maintenance and machine washable, and they look just as good under a shacket as they do with a suit.

IKIJI FW23 - 1.jpg IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Light_quilted_sweatshirt_in_navy_cotton (7).jpg

Light quilted crewneck with that classic onion quilt. More like a tee, the quilting is what brings it closer to a sweatshirt. As with all Ikiji, the fabric is stellar and that really sets it apart.

IKIJI FW23 - 2.jpg IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Lined_work_jacket_in_ecru_wool_and_cotton (7).jpg IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Lined_polo_sweater_in_ecru_wool_and_cotton (6).jpg
IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Lined_polo_sweater_in_light_grey_wool_and_cotton (7).jpg

Three killer pieces in this slubby wool/cotton. It's nice and thick and woven with the wool on the front and cotton on the back, so they can be worn right against the skin if you choose. Good weight means the work jacket can be worn as, well, a jacket.

IKIJI FW23 - 3.jpg
IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Classic_shirt_in_undyed_ecru_gauzy_wool (4).jpg

Continuing this ecru story, we have this undyed wool piece. With plain cuffs and an oversized fit, it's more like an overshirt. And how about that texture! It's sort of light, puffy, and... fluffy?

IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Side_tab_trousers_in_mixed_brown_wool_and_linen (1).jpg

The light of my life, IKIJI side-tab trousers. Wool and linen mix this time around with a lot of striation and a lot of personality. Killer drape, as always. If these work for you they're hard to beat!

IKIJI_FW23_Made_In_Japan_Single-pleated_easy_trousers_in_charcoal_grey_mool_mix (4).jpg

Nice and sharp, single pleats, beautiful wool. I know the guys will do these justice on the livestream when you can see them in motion so I'll just leave it at that.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcelo929