• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2017 MLB Season Thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
do you think Minka has a steady prescription of Valtrex going just like j. alba?

seriously though what a way to get the hit... day game... home stadium... HR...

Fuckin' sawks fan. Just can't let Jetah go without getting a dig in.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
JETER!!!!!!

What a way to get 3000. 5 for 5, a homer on the 3000th, and drives in the winning run.

Damn, that is legendary. Good for him.

Plus, great gesture by the fan who caught #3,000 and gave it to Jeter:
"No, not really," Lopez said when Yankees announcer Michael Kay later asked him if he asked for anything in return. "He deserves this, he's worked hard for this ... I'm not the type of person to take this away from him."

Patrick James

Reaction score
Glad to see Ricky Romero get the All-Star nod. Dude's a bit explosive with his emotions but hopefully that will be curbed with experience and Toronto will see him turn into a perennial Cy Young candidate.

Has the derby lost it's allure? Who's watching tonight?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man. what a joke the ASG will be. 16 guys elected in will not be playing because of injury and because they pitched sunday.

my only reason to watch this game was to see verlander go up against whoever, but that won't be happening.

the HR derby is fun for about 5 HRs then berman annoys me to death

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
man. what a joke the ASG will be. 16 guys elected in will not be playing because of injury and because they pitched sunday.

my only reason to watch this game was to see verlander go up against whoever, but that won't be happening.

the HR derby is fun for about 5 HRs then berman annoys me to death

+ 2.6 million. He adds nothing. The HR derby is a little over rated anyway now that guys have some kind of strategy about it. They really should do International players vs. US born, and I don't mean the dumb ass World Baseball Classic which is stupid.

Chunnetter

Reaction score
The againg lineup is a problem though.
Good farm system but I don;t think it is enough to keep this team as a contender a few years down the road.
As well, I don't think ownership will have the patience for Cashman not to win now. So for those 2 reasons, I do think you will see them trade away some prospects for another pitcher this year. CAshman has fought hard for that farm system but when looking at keeping his job or not, I bet you see a few young arms go this summer.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by worldrunner
espn must have loved that sox yank final...yuck!!!!
Robbie cano! dont ya know! he smoked gonzalez he probably coulda hit another 10 in the final

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
Robbie cano! dont ya know! he smoked gonzalez he probably coulda hit another 10 in the final

following gonzo this year has been weird. he's epic and on pace for a MVP award, but he's also pretty much a Robot devoid of any personality. Even the way he speaks is robot like (I guess thats how Mexican Robots will sound like in the future).

I have a feeling Gonzo has aspergers/mild autism, but in the calm robot way (all bottled up emotions) probably reeled in because of his super controlled family upbringing. In contrast to the weirdo idiot savant Manny Ramirez ways.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a feeling Gonzo has aspergers/mild autism, but in the calm robot way (all bottled up emotions) probably reeled in because of his super controlled family upbringing. In contrast to the weirdo idiot savant Manny Ramirez ways.

Is this your professional medical opinion?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
following gonzo this year has been weird. he's epic and on pace for a MVP award, but he's also pretty much a Robot devoid of any personality. Even the way he speaks is robot like (I guess thats how Mexican Robots will sound like in the future).

Meh, modern day John Olerud.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Is this your professional medical opinion?

pretty much. even his interviews in spanish are monotone and robot like. having that kind of 100% emotion free focus (seen in even cases of mild autism) obviously lends itself perfectly to a sport like baseball.

he comes from something like 4 generations of professional baseball players and his family looks like its super duper tightly knit and religious so if he does have a touch of the autism its been reigned in to the point where he knows what to do to look and act normal.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CC is going nuts tonight. 5.1 no hits and 11 K's

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads