1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Meta and other discussion of sales thread or "Have some [email protected]%ing manners!" (context dependent)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by MrPorterBot, May 15, 2018.

1. MrPorterBot

MrPorterBot Senior Member

Just a reminder to newcomers that last NMWA archive sale was basically website sale prices + extra 10% off (and more expensive than most online sales and NYC sample sales)

Don't buy into the "up to 85%" hype.
    Excellent selection of quality items, pretty regular-should-be-returnable prices

2. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You know absolutely nothing about the pricing of this sale. Not one thing.

So your reminder is worth about the same: nothing.

3. MrPorterBot

MrPorterBot Senior Member

Last time you went out of your way to justify the fact that the archive sale was not any sort of "blowout" sale and should not have been speculated to be as such. That's the only thing I was trying to give a heads up to people who are thinking of going out of their way to get to the sale.

If by any chance you actually took the criticism from last time and have adjusted the discounts to be more aggressive, well then thats' excellent news.

4. Zamb

Zamb Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

I am not defending NMWA, but do you realize that there is a limit to what things can be sold for for it to be a worthwhile endeavor?
    Honestly, I wish the price of clothing was about 30-40% Lower and there was very little sales..............But, you may say I am dreamer......

5. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Basically, everything sold last time. I don't think your criticism (everyone else was quite happy) was worth anything at all. Basic Econ 101 prove you wrong.

Discounts are what they are. The thing is you don't know what they are. So, do yourself a favor and stop pretending to be some form of authority on anything.

If you come by, please introduce yourself. It's always good to put a face on a handle

6. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

the price you're willing to pay != the price other people are willing to pay
    the price you able to pay pay != the price other people are able to pay

you just sound like a desperate bottom feeder who can't afford anything unless it's 95% off.

7. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

This belongs in Dumb Threads.