2017 MLB Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

do you think Minka has a steady prescription of Valtrex going just like j. alba?

seriously though what a way to get the hit... day game... home stadium... HR...

Fuckin' sawks fan. Just can't let Jetah go without getting a dig in.

2. venessian

venessian Senior member

JETER!!!!!!

What a way to get 3000. 5 for 5, a homer on the 3000th, and drives in the winning run.

Damn, that is legendary. Good for him.

Plus, great gesture by the fan who caught #3,000 and gave it to Jeter:

3. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

Glad to see Ricky Romero get the All-Star nod. Dude's a bit explosive with his emotions but hopefully that will be curbed with experience and Toronto will see him turn into a perennial Cy Young candidate.

Has the derby lost it's allure? Who's watching tonight?

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

man. what a joke the ASG will be. 16 guys elected in will not be playing because of injury and because they pitched sunday.

my only reason to watch this game was to see verlander go up against whoever, but that won't be happening.

the HR derby is fun for about 5 HRs then berman annoys me to death

5. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

man. what a joke the ASG will be. 16 guys elected in will not be playing because of injury and because they pitched sunday.

my only reason to watch this game was to see verlander go up against whoever, but that won't be happening.

the HR derby is fun for about 5 HRs then berman annoys me to death

+ 2.6 million. He adds nothing. The HR derby is a little over rated anyway now that guys have some kind of strategy about it. They really should do International players vs. US born, and I don't mean the dumb ass World Baseball Classic which is stupid.

6. Chunnetter

Chunnetter New Member

The againg lineup is a problem though.
    Good farm system but I don;t think it is enough to keep this team as a contender a few years down the road.
    As well, I don't think ownership will have the patience for Cashman not to win now. So for those 2 reasons, I do think you will see them trade away some prospects for another pitcher this year. CAshman has fought hard for that farm system but when looking at keeping his job or not, I bet you see a few young arms go this summer.

7. worldrunner

worldrunner Senior member

espn must have loved that sox yank final...yuck!!!!

8. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

espn must have loved that sox yank final...yuck!!!!
    Robbie cano! dont ya know! he smoked gonzalez he probably coulda hit another 10 in the final

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Robbie cano! dont ya know! he smoked gonzalez he probably coulda hit another 10 in the final

following gonzo this year has been weird. he's epic and on pace for a MVP award, but he's also pretty much a Robot devoid of any personality. Even the way he speaks is robot like (I guess thats how Mexican Robots will sound like in the future).

I have a feeling Gonzo has aspergers/mild autism, but in the calm robot way (all bottled up emotions) probably reeled in because of his super controlled family upbringing. In contrast to the weirdo idiot savant Manny Ramirez ways.

10. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I have a feeling Gonzo has aspergers/mild autism, but in the calm robot way (all bottled up emotions) probably reeled in because of his super controlled family upbringing. In contrast to the weirdo idiot savant Manny Ramirez ways.

Is this your professional medical opinion?

11. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

following gonzo this year has been weird. he's epic and on pace for a MVP award, but he's also pretty much a Robot devoid of any personality. Even the way he speaks is robot like (I guess thats how Mexican Robots will sound like in the future).

Meh, modern day John Olerud.

12. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Is this your professional medical opinion?

pretty much. even his interviews in spanish are monotone and robot like. having that kind of 100% emotion free focus (seen in even cases of mild autism) obviously lends itself perfectly to a sport like baseball.

he comes from something like 4 generations of professional baseball players and his family looks like its super duper tightly knit and religious so if he does have a touch of the autism its been reigned in to the point where he knows what to do to look and act normal.

13. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

So the Mariners lost 12 in a row now. And Pittsburgh is America's Team.

14. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

CC is going nuts tonight. 5.1 no hits and 11 K's

15. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

Didn't he recently have his 15th win blown? Dude's been putting up numbers all year. By the look of it, he's started eating Cap'n Crunch again.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011