• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

biggerliz

Reaction score
for those who have hemmed your N&F, what length did you hem them to?

i have a 31 weird guys, and have a normal inseam of around 30. the pants are way too long now, but i don't want to hem too much that i can't stack either.

any experience?

vaalbara

Reaction score
Originally Posted by biggerliz

i have a 31 weird guys, and have a normal inseam of around 30. the pants are way too long now, but i don't want to hem too much that i can't stack either.

any experience?

depends on how long your legs are

emgee420

Reaction score

any experience?

i regularly go with 30 inseam, i hemmed my weird guys to a 32 because i do cuff them and like some stacking. i could probably take off another inch and still be happy with the fit. better to go long and still be able to take some length off than too short

ryosuke

Reaction score
Can anyone help me get either of the sale N&F at Barneys? Of course I will pay for the service. I'm looking for the Momo collab in a sz30 or the Big John in a sz29. PM me if you can! Thanks in advance.

abcdenim

Reaction score

any experience?

I'm about 5'10 and i hemmed mine to about a 32, enough for a small cuff and a little bit of room stacking. Worked for me, it just really depends on what kind of fit you're looking for. Definitely give your self some room when hemming though, you can always cut more off but can't really bring it back!

adamssutherland

Reaction score
First day back in my **'s in 6 weeks. I missed these.

Question, does anyone else have a problem where the extra folded material inside the buttonhole side of the fly is causing accelerated wear to the left side of the crotch? There's just one spot that is being worn down and I'm debating if I should just cut off the sharp corner of the excess fabric on the inside so that doesn't eventually start a hole at the base of a whisker.

Unkempt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Naturally Baked
Looking for some advice:

I have weird guy greys in 33..I normally wear a 34. The thigh and waist is really ******* tight and frankly uncomfortable. Will these stretch out enough to a wearable point? I've been wearing them around the house for a few days hoping they'll become wearable

The will stretch out quite a bit more; I am normally a 32 but sized down 2 to 30 in my black selvedge Weird Guys and they fit perfectly now.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I have 32 waist and I got me size 29 SG. Took several days to button up and few weeks to be able to sit down comfortable. Trust me, they will stretch as much you want them to be. Sleep in them and stretch in them. Do take them off whenever you feel uncomfortable though. Dont want to see fellow SFer amputate their legs due to lack of blood circulation.

^ Pics?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Naturally Baked
Looking for some advice:

I have weird guy greys in 33..I normally wear a 34. The thigh and waist is really ******* tight and frankly uncomfortable. Will these stretch out enough to a wearable point? I've been wearing them around the house for a few days hoping they'll become wearable

You may or may not get away with the thighs. If the waist stretches and the fit moves down the waist, you will gain the most breathing room. If you have them sagged + the waist is crazy tight + the legs are crazy tight, there's less room to go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads