• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Donut
Yeah i actually picked it up at high grade in WEM, i took the last size small for navy though. They might've restocked because I bought it around january.

Oh, how much was it? I haven't been to High Grade for a while, last time I went was when they had 25% or something off for N&F

Donut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Oh, how much was it? I haven't been to High Grade for a while, last time I went was when they had 25% or something off for N&F

The hoodie was 145. I really love the fabric because it's really cool and soft. They had charcoal and navy last time i was there. They also stocked the new denim styles too.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Donut
The hoodie was 145. I really love the fabric because it's really cool and soft. They had charcoal and navy last time i was there. They also stocked the new denim styles too.

Ahhh. Shame bout the fit then.

Might end up checking out the f/w collection there if they stock the ones I'm interested in.

Logan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay-D
Naked & Famous Weird Guy Deep Indigo Selvedge
nf44.jpg
nf45.jpg

Naked & Famous Weird Guy Gray Selvedge
nf98.jpg
nf99.jpg

I know what I'm buying next time I'm in Toronto. Big fan of the red label.

Ordense

Reaction score
I really hope N&F prices will remain within an acceptable range, and i really hope all of part of their new line, including Japanese heritage and Elephant 2 will also be available through KLo0p or Revolve, as they are the only affordable purchase options from downunderland. Local Ozzie resellers have dumb and unjustifiable prices, other overseas sellers either have crazy shipping costs involved or horrible online sales skills

I look forward to see a fairly priced pair of TRUE 22oz. from them.
They got most things right with their first elephants, except fabric weight (way less than actual 19oz), and hardware.
Nicer rivets would probably cost them the same as the ugly aluminium ones. But even if the difference was a few cents of a dollar, by charging 5 dollars more on the end product would give them a 800% profit just for that part

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the stretch will depend a lot on the specific denim you bought, but I would say with the slim guys you'll probably want to size DOWN, so go with the 32. I have the slim guys in deep indigo and I've stretched mine about a size and a half (I did a lot of work to stretch them, though, so I would guess they would've only stretched one size with regular wear).

Originally Posted by teddieriley
Sizing help request. Just bought a pair of APC New Standards sz. 32, and after a few hard wears, it has stretched out to a perfect size. I'm about a size 35 in dress pants.

Picked up Weird Guys and Slim Guys in both 32 and 33 but hard to tell where they'll end up fit wise. WGs in 32 I can button up, but fairly snug in the crotch - OK while standing, but slightly uncomfortable while sitting, but bearable. Sales guy at Barneys said they don't stretch out as much as APCs so he doesn't recommend getting the same size. The waist of the 33s fit right off the bat, but still tightness in the crotch. I'm afraid after 6 months, the 33s might be too big, but i don't know how much the top block (including the crotch) will stretch out. So 32s or 33s?

As for Slim Guys, I'm surprised to hear people size up. Do these not stretch at all? If I go with 32s, I need effort to button them up. 33s easily slide up and down off my waist. Similarly, go with 32s and hope they stretch enough, or go with 33s where they are fitting right out of the box - again, not sure how much they'll stretch and what i'm regretting a few months down the road?

Thx guys.

NFDENIM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ordense
I really hope N&F prices will remain within an acceptable range, and i really hope all of part of their new line, including Japanese heritage and Elephant 2 will also be available through KLo0p or Revolve, as they are the only affordable purchase options from downunderland. Local Ozzie resellers have dumb and unjustifiable prices, other overseas sellers either have crazy shipping costs involved or horrible online sales skills

They got most things right with their first elephants, except fabric weight (way less than actual 19oz), and hardware.
Nicer rivets would probably cost them the same as the ugly aluminium ones. But even if the difference was a few cents of a dollar, by charging 5 dollars more on the end product would give them a 800% profit just for that part

I don't speak for all the Australian retailers, but if you think that shipping 1 jean from the states has a crazy shipping cost attached. Imagine what shipping 300 pair's costs. Montreal is 26000 km away from Australia. Plus you must also factor import duty charges that these retailers must pay. These retailers could easily buy some local brands, and not deal with these issues. They travel half way around the world to meet with us every 6 months to do their buy. They put in a lot of effort so consumers can buy N&F locally.

I'm glad you're excited for the new models. They'll be available in the next coming months. The Elephant 2, and the Japan Heritage are my personal 2 favorites. I'm going to post some progress photos on my Japan Heritage in the coming days. I've been wearing them since February and they already look amazing.

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NFDENIM

I'm glad you're excited for the new models. They'll be available in the next coming months. The Elephant 2, and the Japan Heritage are my personal 2 favorites. I'm going to post some progress photos on my Japan Heritage in the coming days. I've been wearing them since February and they already look amazing.

Saw someone rocking the Japanese Heritage on the Sufu forums...they looked amazing!

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I have no idea how Australian retailers will price N&F products once they are imported, but the pricing should be fair considering how high importing with shipping costs and duties are taken into account. There is a luxury of being able to walk into a store and seeing a lot of their product in person and less hassle if you get the wrong size.

That being said, if you need an online source for N&F, feel free to e-mail me directly. We do a lot of international sales and have a $200 USD minimum for free shipping. As long as you hit that, you will probably get the best possible price.

I am looking forward to the Japan Heritage denim as well.

plantifff

Reaction score
What's the difference between Indigo, Natural Organic Indigo, and Deep Indigo? Unfortunately, no retailers around here carry all three types.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

don't like $60 video games here cost over $100 in australia? maybe it's your government charging excessive taxes and duty to import stuff like that into the country and passing the costs on to the retailers and then you

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
I found a great tailor to fix my insane crotch rip in my N&F skinny guys
biggrin.gif
Back in action.

PDL24DCP

Reaction score
Are they gonna make the gray selvedge or chambray in slim guy?? seems like the slim guy gets no love these days

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics