Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Yeah i actually picked it up at high grade in WEM, i took the last size small for navy though. They might've restocked because I bought it around january.

Oh, how much was it? I haven't been to High Grade for a while, last time I went was when they had 25% or something off for N&F

2. Donut

Donut Senior member

Oh, how much was it? I haven't been to High Grade for a while, last time I went was when they had 25% or something off for N&F

The hoodie was 145. I really love the fabric because it's really cool and soft. They had charcoal and navy last time i was there. They also stocked the new denim styles too.

3. linkinwayne

The hoodie was 145. I really love the fabric because it's really cool and soft. They had charcoal and navy last time i was there. They also stocked the new denim styles too.

Ahhh. Shame bout the fit then.

Might end up checking out the f/w collection there if they stock the ones I'm interested in.

4. Logan

Logan Senior member

Naked & Famous Weird Guy Deep Indigo Selvedge
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Naked & Famous Weird Guy Gray Selvedge
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I know what I'm buying next time I'm in Toronto. Big fan of the red label.

5. Ordense

Ordense Well-Known Member

I really hope N&F prices will remain within an acceptable range, and i really hope all of part of their new line, including Japanese heritage and Elephant 2 will also be available through KLo0p or Revolve, as they are the only affordable purchase options from downunderland. Local Ozzie resellers have dumb and unjustifiable prices, other overseas sellers either have crazy shipping costs involved or horrible online sales skills

I look forward to see a fairly priced pair of TRUE 22oz. from them.
    They got most things right with their first elephants, except fabric weight (way less than actual 19oz), and hardware.
    Nicer rivets would probably cost them the same as the ugly aluminium ones. But even if the difference was a few cents of a dollar, by charging 5 dollars more on the end product would give them a 800% profit just for that part

6. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I think the stretch will depend a lot on the specific denim you bought, but I would say with the slim guys you'll probably want to size DOWN, so go with the 32. I have the slim guys in deep indigo and I've stretched mine about a size and a half (I did a lot of work to stretch them, though, so I would guess they would've only stretched one size with regular wear).

Sizing help request. Just bought a pair of APC New Standards sz. 32, and after a few hard wears, it has stretched out to a perfect size. I'm about a size 35 in dress pants.

Picked up Weird Guys and Slim Guys in both 32 and 33 but hard to tell where they'll end up fit wise. WGs in 32 I can button up, but fairly snug in the crotch - OK while standing, but slightly uncomfortable while sitting, but bearable. Sales guy at Barneys said they don't stretch out as much as APCs so he doesn't recommend getting the same size. The waist of the 33s fit right off the bat, but still tightness in the crotch. I'm afraid after 6 months, the 33s might be too big, but i don't know how much the top block (including the crotch) will stretch out. So 32s or 33s?

As for Slim Guys, I'm surprised to hear people size up. Do these not stretch at all? If I go with 32s, I need effort to button them up. 33s easily slide up and down off my waist. Similarly, go with 32s and hope they stretch enough, or go with 33s where they are fitting right out of the box - again, not sure how much they'll stretch and what i'm regretting a few months down the road?

Thx guys.

7. NFDENIM

NFDENIM Well-Known Member

I really hope N&F prices will remain within an acceptable range, and i really hope all of part of their new line, including Japanese heritage and Elephant 2 will also be available through KLo0p or Revolve, as they are the only affordable purchase options from downunderland. Local Ozzie resellers have dumb and unjustifiable prices, other overseas sellers either have crazy shipping costs involved or horrible online sales skills

They got most things right with their first elephants, except fabric weight (way less than actual 19oz), and hardware.
    Nicer rivets would probably cost them the same as the ugly aluminium ones. But even if the difference was a few cents of a dollar, by charging 5 dollars more on the end product would give them a 800% profit just for that part

I don't speak for all the Australian retailers, but if you think that shipping 1 jean from the states has a crazy shipping cost attached. Imagine what shipping 300 pair's costs. Montreal is 26000 km away from Australia. Plus you must also factor import duty charges that these retailers must pay. These retailers could easily buy some local brands, and not deal with these issues. They travel half way around the world to meet with us every 6 months to do their buy. They put in a lot of effort so consumers can buy N&F locally.

I'm glad you're excited for the new models. They'll be available in the next coming months. The Elephant 2, and the Japan Heritage are my personal 2 favorites. I'm going to post some progress photos on my Japan Heritage in the coming days. I've been wearing them since February and they already look amazing.

8. reezy

reezy Senior member

I'm glad you're excited for the new models. They'll be available in the next coming months. The Elephant 2, and the Japan Heritage are my personal 2 favorites. I'm going to post some progress photos on my Japan Heritage in the coming days. I've been wearing them since February and they already look amazing.

Saw someone rocking the Japanese Heritage on the Sufu forums...they looked amazing!

9. linkinwayne

Saw someone rocking the Japanese Heritage on the Sufu forums...they looked amazing!

/adding to ToBuy List

10. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I have no idea how Australian retailers will price N&F products once they are imported, but the pricing should be fair considering how high importing with shipping costs and duties are taken into account. There is a luxury of being able to walk into a store and seeing a lot of their product in person and less hassle if you get the wrong size.

That being said, if you need an online source for N&F, feel free to e-mail me directly. We do a lot of international sales and have a $200 USD minimum for free shipping. As long as you hit that, you will probably get the best possible price.

I am looking forward to the Japan Heritage denim as well.

11. plantifff

plantifff Member

What's the difference between Indigo, Natural Organic Indigo, and Deep Indigo? Unfortunately, no retailers around here carry all three types.

12. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

don't like $60 video games here cost over $100 in australia? maybe it's your government charging excessive taxes and duty to import stuff like that into the country and passing the costs on to the retailers and then you

13. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

Wore my Chambray jeans in 100 degree weather today. They performed as expected. Pretty similar to other lightweight cotton pants I own. I like them. I'll probably use them for when I go out at night mostly.

14. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

I found a great tailor to fix my insane crotch rip in my N&F skinny guys [​IMG] Back in action.

15. PDL24DCP

PDL24DCP Well-Known Member

Are they gonna make the gray selvedge or chambray in slim guy?? seems like the slim guy gets no love these days