Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

I'm a 29 in weird guy and got a 29 skinny guy reverse fade. Should have went with 30 on the reverse fade since the buttons are hard to secure. Don't think it will stretch like the SG cashmere i have. Might have to change it to a zipper so I can fit in it better.

Definitely wouldn't recommend getting the same size for weird guy and skinny. I go TTS for skinnys, they fit quite well. And size down 1 for WGs, though sizing down 2 would probably be better.

How are they though? Highly interested in getting a pair.

2. reezy

reezy Senior member

Well, Jay checked it out for me and I can't find a suit in my size. [​IMG]

For those still interested, I might as well pass on what he told me:
    There's one jacket in 36, and the rest are in 42 and 44 IIRC. The jackets fit about 1 size small though (ie. I would have needed a 38 for my true 36 chest). The pants, on the other hand, are the WeirdGuy cut and there are an assortment available.

Also, I highly recommend getting it through Jay if you want to, he offered a mean discount.

Thoughts on the chambray jeans?

Jay is the man [​IMG]

3. reezy

reezy Senior member

Definitely wouldn't recommend getting the same size for weird guy and skinny. I go TTS for skinnys, they fit quite well. And size down 1 for WGs, though sizing down 2 would probably be better.

How are they though? Highly interested in getting a pair.

Yeah that was a mistake...realized that my SG cashmere was a "stretch" so it would fit me even though 29 is not my true size. Size 30 reverse fade would definitely be perfect for my waist...but I'll have to ship it back to N&F, which is a hassle -_-".

Anyways, some poster have already mentioned that the denim looks and feel like shit. I won't argue against that but i wanted to experiment since its summer lol. The coating is what makes it feel and look like shit. It also smells kinda "plastic". Not sure if thats the right word for it but the smell would eventually go away i think. The big pull factor was how it will fade and after wearing it for a couple of hours, I can tell it would fade pretty quickly. There was a video on hypebeast showing Brandon talking about how it took a day for the reverse fade to start showing a wallet fade.

http://hypebeast.com/2011/01/naked-f...er-collection/
    I think around the 1:26 mark

4. linkinwayne

Yeah that was a mistake...realized that my SG cashmere was a "stretch" so it would fit me even though 29 is not my true size. Size 30 reverse fade would definitely be perfect for my waist...but I'll have to ship it back to N&F, which is a hassle -_-".

Anyways, some poster have already mentioned that the denim looks and feel like shit. I won't argue against that but i wanted to experiment since its summer lol. The coating is what makes it feel and look like shit. It also smells kinda "plastic". Not sure if thats the right word for it but the smell would eventually go away i think. The big pull factor was how it will fade and after wearing it for a couple of hours, I can tell it would fade pretty quickly. There was a video on hypebeast showing Brandon talking about how it took a day for the reverse fade to start showing a wallet fade.

http://hypebeast.com/2011/01/naked-f...er-collection/
    I think around the 1:26 mark

Fancy selling it? I'm a true 29 waist. BTW how much did you get it for, where did you get it, and do they have the entire f/w collection out? I'm dying for the glow-in-the-darks.

Oh, does it feel plastic-y too though? Would have thought not since the coating is outside and all that. Having said that, I've never been comfortable with the Indigo Power Stretch either, it always felt a bit 'suffocating'. Dunno if I'm making sense though. [​IMG]

Sweet, that's pretty fast. Damn.

5. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Well, Jay checked it out for me and I can't find a suit in my size. [​IMG]

For those still interested, I might as well pass on what he told me:
    There's one jacket in 36, and the rest are in 42 and 44 IIRC. The jackets fit about 1 size small though (ie. I would have needed a 38 for my true 36 chest). The pants, on the other hand, are the WeirdGuy cut and there are an assortment available.

Also, I highly recommend getting it through Jay if you want to, he offered a mean discount.

Thoughts on the chambray jeans?

Are these suits you're talking about the gabardine ones?

6. linkinwayne

Are these suits you're talking about the gabardine ones?

Indeed. The sizes I was talking about, though, were for the grey suit. Not sure about the black one.

7. reezy

reezy Senior member

Fancy selling it? I'm a true 29 waist. BTW how much did you get it for, where did you get it, and do they have the entire f/w collection out? I'm dying for the glow-in-the-darks. Oh, does it feel plastic-y too though? Would have thought not since the coating is outside and all that. Having said that, I've never been comfortable with the Indigo Power Stretch either, it always felt a bit 'suffocating'. Dunno if I'm making sense though. [​IMG] Sweet, that's pretty fast. Damn.
    You can get it at Barney's. Not sure if the collection is out you going to have to research a bit...the glow in the dark is interesting too but I'm not brave enough to rock that at night lol... The resin coating feels like I'm touching a newly painted wall lol...I don't know how to describe it...a bit sticky...but its really weird like the whole denim is filled with shiny "whiteout". I think I'm going to ship it back to N&F for a 30 but I'll update you if I decide to sell it .

8. linkinwayne

Ahhh. Interesting. Hmm, I have actually no idea how they even look when they glow, lol. Just interested in the concept. =/ Strange. It's like wet paint? Does it peel off and stick on chairs and stuff when you sit down too? [​IMG] I'll get in touch with him about it, haha.

9. reezy

reezy Senior member

Ahhh. Interesting. Hmm, I have actually no idea how they even look when they glow, lol. Just interested in the concept.

=/ Strange. It's like wet paint? Does it peel off and stick on chairs and stuff when you sit down too? [​IMG]

I'll get in touch with him about it, haha.

Haha when i got out of my car it sounds like I'm farting. It does feel like I'll stick to the chair but yeah no residue

10. linkinwayne

Haha when i got out of my car it sounds like I'm farting. It does feel like I'll stick to the chair but yeah no residue

Lol wtf [​IMG] K, seriously weird jeans. We'll see how it goes haha. Pic updates when your new pair starts reverse fading, aite

11. reezy

reezy Senior member

Bahzad at N&F just sent me a pic of his personal natural belt. Worn approximately 1 year, no oil or treatment, just a lot of wear. Nice patina on this one.
    [​IMG]

Are those 2 the same belt?! Crazy if it is...

12. Cahrin

Cahrin Senior member

They're the same belt. Tres sexy, no?

13. reezy

reezy Senior member

Wonder how the brown and black will look after a year of wear...probably not as awesome as the natural but still curious

14. linkinwayne

Talking about belts, sizing help anyone? TTS or..?

Also, thoughts/opinions about the chambray jeans would be nice, considering getting a pair.

15. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

Also, thoughts/opinions about the chambray jeans would be nice, considering getting a pair.

Chambray or linen? My pair arrived the other day. Looks pretty good for a summer jean. Closet dweller afterward. But considering that AZ has 3-5 months of summer depending on how you look at it.....