• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bakatora

Reaction score
i'm glad epaulet is getting the attention it deserves and all, but all the shirts in my size get picked up within 24 hours of being posted on the internet.

sad panda.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Sold! Just picked up the pants. Get the matching coat in with a quickness, Mike, I've got weddings to go to in May.
wink.gif

Thank you! And yup, I'm busting ass on the jacket, should be here on time.

Originally Posted by frivmo
Cool, thanks. I ordered those mid grey ones last week, so they'll probably do the trick. Looking forward to seeing the sportcoat.

Awesome, thanks - and please let me know what you think! I'll also have a Navy Hopsack sportcoat which will coordinate perfectly with these.

I'm really excited to show you guys the Southwick for Epaulet product. Sportcoats are a strange thing - I felt like I could go to a store and comb through a rack of a thousand of them and not find anything. Lapels too big, body too long, shoulders too built up, fit's off, crazy fabric, yadda yadda. With the Donegal Tweed Desmond, we served up a really excellent soft sportcoat in thick wool, but I still didn't have anything canvassed that could be done in a really fine-gauge suiting fabric.

I'm confident that these will fill that niche. They're not cheap, but they'll really deliver a ton of quality and a phenomenal fit for the price. Should be here soon!

Originally Posted by edubs01
Mike-
Are you planning on making Rivet chino shorts?

You Bet your ass. Since it stopped raining in LA for like 15 minutes, I wore the sample around to test it out. It's right on. We need to tweak the leg a touch, but everything else is perfect. Expect these around early May. We should get a fresh batch of modified Walt shorts in by the end of April too.

Originally Posted by slack tide
I just picked up a pair of the super 120's and they're fantastic. Full disclosure, while the pics on EP are generally awesome (especially the normally present single detail shot), it's hard to do these pants justice without seeing them in person. But really, the perfect pair of light weight wool trousers in a relatively slim cut. Mine are currently at the tailor getting the hem taken up but I'll do a fit of the super 120's in charcoal with one of the new solid oxfords in white or blue soon. After receiving and handling I was seriously surprised there are still so many sizes available (of course aside from the ever so elusive 29's!
devil.gif
)

Thank you sir - really glad that you're so pleased with them! I made a freaking ton of medium grey pants, as the color is awesome, and we're doing the matching jacket. I'm going to try and keep this in stock as much as possible throughout the year.

Oh, and we don't actually make 29's or 31's in the Walt/Rudy, so it's especially elusive there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jslade
I've decided to purchase my first pair of Epaulet trousers, but would like some recommendations from more experienced Epaulet buyers.
smile.gif

I'm looking for a pair of trousers that can be worn spring/summer through Texas weather (it gets pretty hot!). I very rarely wear tucked shirts, and I'm not really looking for pants that are too dressy -- just something casual that can worn every day with a nice button shirt and some Achilles Low in white. I'm a college student that just likes to dress a little nicer, to give a general idea of my style, so nothing too formal or too old for my age.

I usually cuff my pants a la mellowfellow - especially when wearing my pants casually - and this is what I'm getting caught up on the most -- can Epaulet pants be worn cuffed?

Any recommendations for a first pair of EPs?
redface.gif

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your interest, and I'd agree with the other guys, the Rivet Chino is probably the best choice. The new Walt/Rudy in UK Stone Chino is good too, but would look a little rough if you cuffed it up. British Khaki, Golden Khaki, and Navy are the most versatile of the colors. British Khaki is probably the best of the three for warmer weather too. We're a little busted up in sizes, but I'm putting in a reorder this week, which will deliver in about a month.

Originally Posted by Coldsnap
These black smiths are really nice, these are hands down the most comfortable raw denim I've worn; cant wait to see how soft they get after wearing down. It would be nice though if you guys did on site chainstitch hemming, who actually goes with a 35" inseam? Sorta silly to get jeans from Brooklyn and mail them back to another company in NY that does chainstich hemming.

Thanks! And sorry about the chainstitching. We could have it done with Self Edge, but it's difficult. With the chinos and trousers, our fits really work for the vast majority of my customers. But denim is a different story - everyone has different preferences, and our return rate is significantly higher. I do a lot of size exchanges, so I'm wary of offering customers a pre-hemmed inseam and then locking them into that size.

But sure, if anyone out there really knows their size in the Smith (ex. you're picking up a second pair in the exact same denim and the same size), then we can certainly have them pre-hemmed for you upon request. They would just be final sale.

Originally Posted by brycep
Just wanted to say that I just got my shadow dot shirt, rocked it for the first time today. Officially my favorite shirt. It is awesome. You guys rock.

Thank you, glad that you got one while they lasted!

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, yeah, you guys are out of my size. I'll just have to wait until the restock, I suppose. I'm dying to try an Epaulet shirt as well, and maybe I missed this, but do you guys have any new stuff coming in soon? That shadow dot shirt looked seriously awesome, and I really regret not pouncing on it when I had the chance. My girlfriend told me that it looked "gay" when I asked her opinion of it, and by the time I got around to realizing that it was awesome, and that I didn't care much for her opinion, it was already gone.
frown.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Oh man, yeah, you guys are out of my size. I'll just have to wait until the restock, I suppose.

I'm dying to try an Epaulet shirt as well, and maybe I missed this, but do you guys have any new stuff coming in soon? That shadow dot shirt looked seriously awesome, and I really regret not pouncing on it when I had the chance. My girlfriend told me that it looked "gay" when I asked her opinion of it, and by the time I got around to realizing that it was awesome, and that I didn't care much for her opinion, it was already gone.
frown.gif

LOL the new tagline for us INTERWEB users ... are you gay or on SF or both?!?!?!?

yeah the GF def kills a lot of my purchases but she was actually cool with the shadow dots. but she is totally against me wearing floral prints. she says florals are great on her, but doesnt wanna see it on me no matter how great it is
frown.gif

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I actually told my girlfriend the same thing a few days ago (that I wanted to pick up a nice floral print shirt a la Ervell for the summer), and the only thing she could say to me was, "Are you serious? I hope you're not serious."
frown.gif

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PS Mike you should do another SF collab, except this one with baller floral, animal, or other prints. I remember the japanese block print from a while back that was fuckin swag, wish it was long sleeve.

And by SF collab I mean only make the ones that I vote on.

bakatora

Reaction score
yeah my gf is completely against me wearing florals also. :/

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, you guys have some lame ass girlfriends. I'll bet they think you all look best when wearing argyle sweater vests and baggy khaki pants.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, you guys do have those rivet chinos in my size. In every color, too. What was I looking at earlier?
plain.gif
I can't decide whether I need a 30 or a 31, so I'm going to order both and return the one that doesn't fit. That's okay, right? Edit: I just placed an order from the Gunmetal in 30 and the Golden Khaki in 31. I'm pretty sure the Gunmetal won't fit, but I wanted to try just to make sure. If it doesn't, I'll send it back and exchange it for a 31, if that's okay, Mike?

bakatora

Reaction score
actually she prefers when I exclusively wore japanese streetwear.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing a pair of the EP Rivet Chinos at work right now and goddamn, they're by far the best chinos I've had. They look incredible and feel incredible. Totally worth every cent. Now I just need to grab a pair in another color...or maybe a pair in every color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads