1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Yeah, this sounds fantastic.

If that's too loud or showy for your tastes then I would go for the midnight blue super 120s pants which will work with that sport coat and be appropriate for any wedding. But the idea above is cooler.

2. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

3. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

It does sound cooler. I don't think I can go for it in this setting. Old friends from high school that I've moved on from. I'll probably be the best dressed person there (just the case) so I'm not trying to be too flashy. What kind of oxford to pair with the midnight blue trousers and BoO coat?

4. StanleyVanBuren

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I sure hope the Ravello boots come in soon....can't wait to see the hue in person. :happy:

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

This would be too close in tone, and it would end up looking off. I like the idea of the midnight blue trousers—that's my first choice. They're conservative enough that you can wear them with many other combinations and look great. The French blue trousers are more daring, but still an interesting choice.

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

I'd stay away from grey and rock a blue. If you were feeling daring maybe something in light khaki, or even an off white would help lighten the color pallet a bit (depending on how dark the grey is irl). A white shirt and navy tie could bring that together nicely.

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

SUPER MULTI-QUOTE REPLY ATTCK!!
    Thank you sir - glad that you're pleased with everything!
    Ah, I'm really sorry about that - we only had a total of 8 units on the Cadet Grey Desmond and just a single piece in 36. But no worries - I'll be absolutely swimming in sportcoats for the Fall. We'll find something equally good!
    Very nice. I love Rod Laver's. I'll usually roll my summer trousers and cuff them above the ankle when I'm wearing them with white sneakers - I find that it makes the look more casual and it flows better.
    Very nice, thanks for picking up the trousers! Hmm, at 6' 5", unless you have a really short torso, I'm pretty sure that both the Desmond and the Weller/Caine is going to be too short on you. I've seen those jackets fit guys up to 6'2" or 6'3", but I'm pretty sure that you're a true "long" in sportcoats. We won't do the Desmond in those lengths, but I'll absolutely have the Caine Hopsack blazer and select Weller jackets available for special order in longs, shorts, and extended sizes (46, 48) in the Fall. I'll post it up here when we get that program going. And in a totally unrelated note, if you ever need a winter coat, check out the NAU stuff that we'll carry in the Fall. I have a ton of customers your height who wear their jackets. Being a very cycling-oriented company, they cut their sleeves very long, and it's a godsend for guys who often find the sleeves of winter coats too short.
    StanVan read my mind! In terms of wools and tweeds, we're probably going to move fully into the Weller shape for the Fall. But I'm not going to retire the Desmond at all. It just needs to be done in thicker fabrics to make up for the soft construction. I'm looking into running it in both cotton moleskin and melton wool (like the CPO jacket).
    E-mail my man Matt. He can take a reservation for you. No commitment to buy or deposit, he'll just drop you a line when they arrive. His address is matt[at]eapuletshop.com
    Thank you! You're going to love those Stewart Tartans in the Fall. They're still officially my favorite trousers. In terms of the Wide Wales and Cotton Moleskins, I didn't do them in Rudy fit because of the fabric. Thick cottons like that make up substantially bigger than dress wools and lighter cottons. Unless the Rudy is a very tight fit on you, you should be able to fit comfortably into a Walt Moleskin or Wide Wale without a problem.
    Thank you! We'll be running a bunch of new dress shirts for the Fall. And international shipping isn't a problem :)
    Dude, he's in 3rd place! I'm keeping hope alive and tweeting/tumblr'ing the shit out of it. We want to win!
    I agree with StanVan and KG. When you've got a grey sportcoat, it's best to stay away from any similar tones of grey. You don't want to look like you're wearing a mismatched suit, but an intentionally contrasting top and bottom. Given that jacket, I'd recommend the midnight blue trousers as the first choice. Outside of being worn for the wedding, midnight is an extremely useful pant to own. Outside of that, a trouser in the kind of cream or pale white color family would look great too. Not sure what size you are, but if you happen to fit one of the remaining sizes on our Clay Canvas chino, that would also look great with it for a more casual, warm-weather look.
    +1 Solid advice right thurr.

9. Bryan_Funfetti

Bryan_Funfetti Senior member

All this talk of moleskin and tweed has my head swimming :inlove:

10. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

:bounce2:

I'm in!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

i voted ... comeon, all you SF lovers of epaulet, VOTE!!!

12. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

I have as well.

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

14. StanleyVanBuren

You are an evil, evil man sometimes. [​IMG]

I had better get back to work.

15. Bryan_Funfetti

Bryan_Funfetti Senior member

Hahaha, that's amazing. Still got 3-4 more months of summer weather here :brick:

16. brianja

brianja Senior member

I voted for Dylan as well.

I'm glad I looked through the rest of the round in the contest. I went to HS with David from Goose Barnacle and haven't seen him in like 13 years. I will have to stop in to say hello.

17. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Thanks for the info on the Cords...I might have to pick up a pair of the Walts then. The Rudy's are a perfect fit for me, not too tight but not too baggy, so hopefully these will work for me too.

18. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Ditto.

19. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Click to enlarge...

[​IMG]

GANT Rugger "Old Loom" Button-Down
    Kenton Sorenson 10-oz. Leather Roll Buckle Belt
    Epaulet Smith Selvedge
    Thorogood x Epaulet Horsehide No. 685 Boots
    Stowa Antea KS Watch