• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

UserName84

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
awesome!! ok i added mihara, damir, julius, carpe and dries van noten. let me know if you think of any others. I will increase the user image limit. I didn't realize it was that low for users.
Can you add size 46... I have some MMM sneakers in that size that I will measure

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
AR, if you know any place I can get those black lanvins with white soles in a size 5, please let me know!

Also, I'll get to adding my measurements soon, but there are unnecessary doubles (Rafstros and Lanvins). Also, is the swag on a scale of 1-5 or 1-10?

cool. yeah there are some doubles but i think if there are pics of all the shoes it will make a cool archive like ARsix stated. also, the fit of two shoes with the same sole may be different. and as you can see by some entries, two shoes with the exact same outsole measurement have two different "sizes" (i confirmed this with kelvin).

the swag scale is 1 through 5 + infinite (reserved for extremely special flowers).

Originally Posted by Knisse
I prefer to have a bit more basic stuff, and perhaps purchase one a bit more out there high-top Lanvin. All blue is too hard to match.

I will PM you measurement of my shoes tomorrow, i am simply too tired right now.

cool thanks.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UserName84
Can you add size 46... I have some MMM sneakers in that size that I will measure

leaving the office now. im going to a coffee shop and ill do it there.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sq, did you create style guise? i just browsed through the links from this thread and it seems your more active there.. just curious?

can i play?
inlove.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I think people are going to tend to overstate the swag level of their shoes. New sole lanvin lows are really not all that swagtastic. Rafstros, meanwhile, are kind of the pinnacle. Or DBSS pony sneaks I guess. I see it thusly for sneakers,

Infinite - Rafstro level / DBSS / some KVAs
5 - Rick dunk level / KVA's
4 - Lanvin high level / some MMM GAT highs
3 - Lanvin low level / Other MMM sneaks
2 - Common Projects
1 - Most Generic Mans, SF approved leather PF flyers, etc.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
those are awesome. what size are they? i dont really know wtf u would wear them with though. ud need some black APCs or tech/gabardine slim cut/tapered trousers

They are size 42. I am a US 10 and am wondering whether they would fit me. My size 43 rafstros fit me fine, basically like a 10.5. I am tempted to see if I can make a 42 work, but it could be an expensive failure.

I was going to wear them with random diors (black/indigo/waxing moon/gray waxed).

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
I think people are going to tend to overstate the swag level of their shoes. New sole lanvin lows are really not all that swagtastic. Rafstros, meanwhile, are kind of the pinnacle. Or DBSS pony sneaks I guess. I see it thusly for sneakers,

Infinite - Rafstro level / DBSS / some KVAs
5 - Rick dunk level / KVA's
4 - Lanvin high level / some MMM GAT highs
3 - Lanvin low level / Other MMM sneaks
2 - Common Projects
1 - Most Generic Mans, SF approved leather PF flyers, etc.

Well that is where things become more subjective. Some say Rick Owens and Rafstros are swagtastic but others just plain hate them. Like the low-top Lanvins, you may not like them much but when I wear my khaki suit, crisp white shirt and lace up my navy suede/patent cap-toe low-top Lanvins, I feel like a million bucks.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
It doesn't have much to do with whether you like them or not. I am not a fan of most KVA jawnz and I dislike most DBSS but they are undoubtedly replete with swagger. Meanwhile I own 4 pairs of Lanvins and wear them in numerous contexts. I think you have equivocated "swag" with "nice looking".

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah, swag is the way it is carried or it's presence. RO dunks and DBSS certainly has their precense but it depends how it is worn and which ones. Not taking shots at anyone but if you stuff the Rafstros under your jeans cuff it carries the same swagger? I think we can both agree the answer is no. Current RO's aren't as "swagtastic" as the RO dunks (the one that actually has a check silhouette).

I am not saying that all Lanvin low-tops has it's own presence, but certain colorways does. The navy suede and red captoe just has that presence. So does the navy suede/patent cap-toes, it has an understated presence being simple and all but still spits at all the sneakers in the room with it's hint of cockiness.

Tanner

Reaction score
RO dunks swag way harder than rafstros...

Also, in case anyone is wondering, the clear soled Balenciagas run ******* huge. I am a true 46/13 and the 45 was big on me by a half size. Comfortably big though.

Lupo

Reaction score
That chart is difficult to read...i think an excel--google docs--would be better imo.. sorry if this has been discussed already

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about, the chart is easy asa **** to read?

and wow sq, this is going to be AWESOME!

Added a few things to CP achilles. Will upload measurements for a 41 soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads