Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. snake

snake Senior member

Is there one made for boots, sq?

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

3. snake

snake Senior member

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

lol reading guys trying to objectively define and calculate levels of "swag"

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I think it's joke. at least, it was when i fucking started it

6. APK

APK Senior member

The guy who mentioned how sad it was that I vocalized disappointment about Carmella Bing's significant weight gain has apparently never ventured into this thread. This is some mad Advanced D&D dialogue in progress here.

7. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

I think people are going to tend to overstate the swag level of their shoes. New sole lanvin lows are really not all that swagtastic. Rafstros, meanwhile, are kind of the pinnacle. Or DBSS pony sneaks I guess. I see it thusly for sneakers,

Infinite - Rafstro level / DBSS / some KVAs
    5 - Rick dunk level / KVA's
    4 - Lanvin high level / some MMM GAT highs
    3 - Lanvin low level / Other MMM sneaks
    2 - Common Projects
    1 - Most Generic Mans, SF approved leather PF flyers, etc.

here are mine roughly (depends on the exact model/color):

Infinite - 2008 Lanvin satin High Tops + ankle strap/ Kelvin Rafs
    5 - original Rick dunk / Lanvin high tops
    4 - KVA's, Lanvin low tops, Raf Simons vandals
    3 - DBSS goat, MMM GAT highs
    2 - Common Projects, MMM gats, CCP, RO "chuck" hightops
    1 - Most Generic Mans, SF approved leather PF flyers, etc.

They are size 42. I am a US 10 and am wondering whether they would fit me. My size 43 rafstros fit me fine, basically like a 10.5. I am tempted to see if I can make a 42 work, but it could be an expensive failure.

I was going to wear them with random diors (black/indigo/waxing moon/gray waxed).

sounds good. yeah if we had an outsole measurement for the 42 it would help you decide [​IMG]
    also, you have that many diors?? jealz

Yohji.

added

Nah, swag is the way it is carried or it's presence. RO dunks and DBSS certainly has their precense but it depends how it is worn and which ones. Not taking shots at anyone but if you stuff the Rafstros under your jeans cuff it carries the same swagger? I think we can both agree the answer is no. Current RO's aren't as "swagtastic" as the RO dunks (the one that actually has a check silhouette).

I am not saying that all Lanvin low-tops has it's own presence, but certain colorways does. The navy suede and red captoe just has that presence. So does the navy suede/patent cap-toes, it has an understated presence being simple and all but still spits at all the sneakers in the room with it's hint of cockiness.

see below

It doesn't have much to do with whether you like them or not. I am not a fan of most KVA jawnz and I dislike most DBSS but they are undoubtedly replete with swagger. Meanwhile I own 4 pairs of Lanvins and wear them in numerous contexts. I think you have equivocated "swag" with "nice looking".

yeah ill admit RO dunks are pretty swag although i can't really see myself wearing them. also, CCP sneakers are extremely cool but i dont think they have swag. My idea of swag is how "runway" something is. IMO, kva sneakers are not very runway. id say RO and lanvins have the most swag. MMM sneakers are too casual and have virtually no swag (aside from the high tops) but they are still cool.

That chart is difficult to read...i think an excel--google docs--would be better imo.. sorry if this has been discussed already

what do you think is hard to read about it? maybe your browser is not wide enough?

sq, did you create style guise? i just browsed through the links from this thread and it seems your more active there.. just curious?

can i play?[​IMG]

yeah i created it. haven't really marketed it or done a press release. maybe gonna get LN-CC and Atelier to advertise.

WTF are you talking about, the chart is easy asa fuck to read?

and wow sq, this is going to be AWESOME!

Added a few things to CP achilles. Will upload measurements for a 41 soon.

thanks man. the more info the better this thing will be.

Paging eckblk

yeah ive been thinking that for a while [​IMG]

I think it's joke. at least, it was when i fucking started it

hahah. yeah i will admit it was Synthese's idea to add Swag and Quality [​IMG] But those are also so subjective they are more for fun.

8. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Can you add size 46... I have some MMM sneakers in that size that I will measure
    added ARsix: I noticed you created a duplicate record for the Raf Simons Astronaut. I am going to consolidate it with the existing one.

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

SQ, like the site. just signed up. noticed one thing. the main site (index) is mobile friendly however the shoe size guide isn't. not sure if it's a formatting error or just limitations within the software. Not a huge issue, but just an FYI. it won't zoom in or out on the screen. it stays locked in place and the text is tiny as fuck since it shrinks the entire page into the phone screen. using iphone.

10. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

SQ, like the site. just signed up. noticed one thing. the main site (index) is mobile friendly however the shoe size guide isn't. not sure if it's a formatting error or just limitations within the software. Not a huge issue, but just an FYI. it won't zoom in or out on the screen. it stays locked in place and the text is tiny as fuck since it shrinks the entire page into the phone screen. using iphone.

Hey thanks man. Yeah i just noticed you joined. Welcome. I'm hoping there is more user-driven content. There is a blog system built in (which you can connect to your existing blog) and an article system where people can write/submit articles (ive added a Washington DC guide and some do-it-yourself sewing jobs).

I tried to access the shoe guide on my iphone (3G running the latest software) and while it does not use the mobile skin, it still works fine on my iphone safari browser. I can zoom in. I took some screen shots of it zoomed in to show you.

Anyone else having this problem of not being able to zoom on their iphones?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Tried it on my iphone but can't find the resources tab.

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Hey thanks man. Yeah i just noticed you joined. Welcome. I'm hoping there is more user-driven content. There is a blog system built in (which you can connect to your existing blog) and an article system where people can write/submit articles (ive added a Washington DC guide and some do-it-yourself sewing jobs).

dude just joined ... nice washington dc guide. very helpful. [​IMG]

surprisingly ive NEVER ventured up to chevy chase. i always went to tysons or gtown or around town. too broke to take advantage of this info at the moment though

13. Lupo

Lupo Well-Known Member

I think that is it...

14. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Tried it on my iphone but can't find the resources tab.
    ohh thats because it defaults to the mobile skin on your iphone for browsing the forum. you need to go to the bottom and click Full Version. there is also an iphone app but its basically the same as the mobile skin. anyways, hit me up on there if you have comments/questions. leave this thread to talking about sneakers.

15. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

I could add some KVA and Emma Hope to the list [​IMG]