• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opened a bottle of Glenlivet Nadurra I've had hanging around....very yummy. Made me think it was perfect for the Scotch Old-Fashioned I've been thinking about. So:

1.5 oz Glenlivet Nadurra
0.25 oz water*
0.25 oz simple syrup
3 dr Cointreau
3 dr. Fee Bros Whisky Barrel Aged Bitter

Serve in a double old-fashioned glass with ice and a wide piece of orange peel. Quite nice. *I add water because the whisky is cask strenght, and I serve it over a single huge chunk of ice, so there is no time for the proof to appropriately correct.

Nadurra has those nice citrus notes that I think the Cointreau appropriately brings out, and the Fee Bros bitters highlights the rich cake and treacle notes. Quite nice, if I do say so myself.

~ H

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight:
Negroni

Plymouth gin
Vya sweet
Campari
Flamed orange peel

Manhattan

Alberta Premium canadian whiskey
Vya sweet
Fee Bros. whiskey barrel aged bitters
Amarena Fabbri cherry

Last night:
Amaretto
Sazerac 18
Redbreast irish whiskey
Glenmorangie Nectar D'or
Dalwhinnie 15

DC101

Reaction score
Last Night

Manhattan

George Dickel Whiskey
Vya Sweet
Shot of bitters

Sidecar

Remy VSOP
Cointreau
Lemon Juice

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
New Amsterdam gin and a bit of diet tonic.

I'm out of Woodford, low on Basil Hayden, out of Knob Creek, and didn't feel like mixing with the Blanton's, so I decided to kill the last little bit of that gin I had in the cabinet.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
imag0109tb.jpg

Tasty

Nice. I am having their Acme IPA right now getting ready for the game.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
eye dropper of VTR bitters

VTR?

I've been interested in that giner liqueur, never sure what I'd use it for though.

Had a sidecar and pegu club earlier.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pscolari
Nice. I am having their Acme IPA right now getting ready for the game.

How was it? The Old Stock was really good. I'll probably have another and then age the rest

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
How was it? The Old Stock was really good. I'll probably have another and then age the rest

The game or the beer?
confused.gif

I have this beer once a month as the place across the street gets it in regularly.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drinking some HP 12 right now

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
VTR? I've been interested in that giner liqueur, never sure what I'd use it for though. Had a sidecar and pegu club earlier.
Originally Posted by ama
Velvet Tango Room in Columbus, OH
Close, ama, the Tango is in Cleveland. ed: The VTR makes their own bitters, sodas, syrups, etc, and is the only of the top-end cocktail bars I know that squeeze the citrus for each drink individually, rather than using a bottle of squeezed per shift. In my opinion, it is the finest cocktail bar to exist, and one of my favorite places to be on earth. Spent last weekend there, in fact. ~ H

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Close, ama, the Tango is in Cleveland.

ed: The VTR makes their own bitters, sodas, syrups, etc, and is the only of the top-end cocktail bars I know that squeeze the citrus for each drink individually, rather than using a bottle of squeezed per shift. In my opinion, it is the finest cocktail bar to exist, and one of my favorite places to be on earth. Spent last weekend there, in fact.

~ H

Ahh, good catch, I meant to type Cleveland but I was gchatting with a buddy from Columbus when I replied.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Have you ever been there?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads