• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

DC101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Close, ama, the Tango is in Cleveland.

ed: The VTR makes their own bitters, sodas, syrups, etc, and is the only of the top-end cocktail bars I know that squeeze the citrus for each drink individually, rather than using a bottle of squeezed per shift. In my opinion, it is the finest cocktail bar to exist, and one of my favorite places to be on earth. Spent last weekend there, in fact.

~ H

Huntsman life long clevelnder here and agree on the VTA. Though was disappointed last ime I was there ordered a stinger and they didn't crush the ice. Quite disappointing for such a quality establishment.

DC

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DC101
Huntsman life long clevelnder here and agree on the VTA. Though was disappointed last ime I was there ordered a stinger and they didn't crush the ice. Quite disappointing for such a quality establishment.

DC

Isn't a stinger supposed to be served up?

DC101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Isn't a stinger supposed to be served up?

brandy/cognac, white creme de menthe, dash of bitters shaken and served over crushed ice. With a fince cigar the perfect end to an evening!

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brandy/cognac, white creme de menthe, dash of bitters shaken and served over crushed ice. With a fince cigar the perfect end to an evening!

Hmm, I've never heard the bitters bit in there either. Only 2 parts brandy, 1 part creme de menthe (green and white only differ in terms of food coloring, don't see the point in differentiating), shaken and served in a cocktail glass.

Perhaps you should specify what you want next time- because I'm pretty sure your recipe is nonstandard.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shared a bottle of Villa Antinori 2005 for dinner, afterwards we've killed off the rest of our first try on Mama Juana (only 4 shots left for everyone)... now I'm listening mindless party music and drink a glass of Ron Zacapa 23.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite grappa -- Jacopo Poli's Sassicaia.
Huntsman life long clevelnder here and agree on the VTA. Though was disappointed last ime I was there ordered a stinger and they didn't crush the ice. Quite disappointing for such a quality establishment. DC
Hm. Can't say I've ever ordered a stinger anywhere, or in fact anything with creme de menthe. I'm not sure the Tango even has a way to crush ice, I must admit. ~ H

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
started with a tanqueray martini. ending with knob's creek and reed's.

-Jeff

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
nightcap of Taketsuru 12y. Kinda going to my face rather than my head, I'll be glad when I'm done with this bottle.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does alka seltzer count?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Manhattan. Sazerac 6 rye. Vya vermouth. VTR bitters. Fabbri cherry. The end.

~ H

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
My new ginger manhattan. After three glasses of wine.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Going to start calling you Andre.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Broke up one fight yesterday and two today. Got a stray slug in the face from one of them (and a death threat for breakin' it up) so I'm washing it back with a gingerale and bacardi. Literally didn't feel like reaching for anything else.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
^ Going to start calling you Andre.

laugh.gif

I am a pale, former shadow of myself. Although, I think I fared better than our photographer, back in April. In fact, he went on the "death ride" hours before we closed the joint.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads