• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any other Edmontonians here?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Haha oh god. A couple of my friends had to go to The Treasury for a birthday party and gave me an hour-long rant about that place the next day.

I heard they wanted to launch a bar and a clothing store next to it specifically to sell clothes that would look cool in the bar. Is that true or just some BS nonsense?

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I heard they wanted to launch a bar and a clothing store next to it specifically to sell clothes that would look cool in the bar. Is that true or just some BS nonsense?

laugh.gif

I heard that, as well. Apparently because they wanted to implement a "strict" dress code, there would be a suit rental clothing store next door for men (at least what I read). Another vain attempt at classing up Edmonton. I haven't heard anything yet about the clothing store - I hope they didn't have the kind of funding/support needed. It would have probably only carried Affliction t-shirts and Ed Hardy, anyway. Maybe a few Kenneth Cole suits, or something. Just for "cred".

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
...Another vain attempt at classing up Edmonton...
This is my contribution the city.

springer23

Reaction score
Sorry, I totally forgot that I have a fundraising event to attend tomorrow evening in the west end. Won't be able to make it for drinks at the Hotel Mac, next time though.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just confirming that I am still in and will need a drink after a long day of tough meetings.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Regina and Saskatoon just as sketchy as Edmonton, in my opinion. In fact, most major prairie cities are pretty rough and grimy with the possible exception of Calgary (and even then...it's borderline).

I 'nearly get in a fight' every time I go down there. So many dickheads in one area, the worse nights are UFC fight nights. Oilers games can be bad too, but everyone is just so used to them losing that it's not worth getting pissy and violent over anymore.

I'm surprised to hear Edmonton being described as sketchy -- I honestly feel quite safe here, even among the craziness that is Whyte Ave on Friday and Saturday nights, and this is coming from someone who has major issues with this city.

in any case, has anyone checked out the (expensive) selection of lanvin clothing at the henry singer downtown? what do you guys think? i was pleasantly surprised that they carried john smedley -- didn't know anyone in town carried that brand. there's still some nice light smedley knits there if people are interested.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another note - I will probably be at the hotel by 8:30. Look for the blond guy in light grey.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My god please tell me how the meet up goes. Can someone make a shoe circle photo!? I'm genuinely sorry I have to miss out!

Kind of.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Notreknip and I had a pleasant evening of Scotch and conversation. No one else made an appearance. There will be no shoe circle photos (more of a one dimensional shoe line anyway), but it was nice to discuss shoes, jackets and the Inner Circle with someone in real life without feeling like I was immensely odd.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Notreknip and I had a pleasant evening of Scotch and conversation. No one else made an appearance. There will be no shoe circle photos (more of a one dimensional shoe line anyway), but it was nice to discuss shoes, jackets and the Inner Circle with someone in real life without feeling like I was immensely odd.

Did you get the impression at any point during the evening that one of the other SF-ers who said they'd show was lurking somewhere in the shadows watching, too afraid to say hi and make themselves known!? I bet they were...

Glad it was nice for you two, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads