Any other Edmontonians here?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FidelCashflow, Jan 4, 2009.

1. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Just curious.

2. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Senior member

I didn't know Edmonton has teh interwebz. I doubt there are any other Edmontonians here as they are all off fornicating with their cousins..

The Oilers suck.

3. unjung

unjung Senior member

Err... okay.

I'm in Calgary. Close enough.

4. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Senior member

Err... okay.

I'm in Calgary. Close enough.

I too am from Calgary. I thought being a good Calgarian meant degrading those to the north.

5. unjung

unjung Senior member

Time and place... we lost to Chicago tonight so I'm busy degrading those folks and their mothers who take their kids to the game to sit in the first row, only to shield their sons' eyes when there's a fight in front of them.

6. spoiledone

spoiledone Active Member

From Calgary as well - Oilers suck [​IMG]

7. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I'll be moving to Edmonton for grad school (3 years) this summer. ...beginning to think about where in the city I want to live over the next few months actually. I was the lone Saskatoon representative for awhile. Chinook and I now hold this city down. Stazy is the other main SFer from Edmonton that is a regular around here. I've been meaning to contact him for awhile, but this thread will take care of that (I imagine). For some reason, Fidel, I think of you as a bit younger than I. Are you a U of A student by chance?

8. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

From Calgary originally, now living in Edmonton. Unfortunately, since discovering men's fashion, I have realized what a poor move that was. [​IMG]

9. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Senior member

Nice to see there are more Calgarians here. I enjoyed the Chicago game, but I cannot believe how well Khabibulin plays against us. It is becoming more and more apparent that Phaneuf is a defensive liability. After that cough up that resulted in Chicagos third goal I am more inclined to agree with the opinion that he is the most over rated player in the league.

10. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

11. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

For some reason, Fidel, I think of you as a bit younger than I. Are you a U of A student by chance?
    Nope, I graduated from the U of A about 2 years ago and you can find me puttering around the Edmonton City Centre. But SF is my chance to act like a big kid. [​IMG]

12. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

Since we're on this topic, does anyone know of a good tailor in the city? I need a couple shirts darted and the sleeves taken in on a rather expensive Canali jacket, which I don't want to leave to chance. A place to get MTM shirts for less than the $200 Harry Rosen charges would be nice, too.

13. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

Calgary here, Deamonton sucks.

14. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

Since we're on this topic, does anyone know of a good tailor in the city? I need a couple shirts darted and the sleeves taken in on a rather expensive Canali jacket, which I don't want to leave to chance. A place to get MTM shirts for less than the $200 Harry Rosen charges would be nice, too.

I have heard that Amsterdam Tailors should be good. But I am in the same boat. I got a jacket butchered at Europa Tailors in WEM.

15. Keon

Keon Well-Known Member

Does Edmonton have much of a shopping district? Specifically in the city center? I'm aware Edmonton is home to the largest suburban mall in the world. I'm wondering how bad that has decimated the rest of the shops. I've never been to Edmonton but would like to go sometime.