• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Chef

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously? I don't think anyone has had a chance against Sosa the whole time. Brooklyn guy is and Elvin from the Cosby Show are the closest competition... and then Tif and the white chick are probably relatively even. For better or worse, the final four are probably the ones I would have predicted from episode 1.. except maybe Kenny, but his skills always overshadowed his questionable palate.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
Seriously? I don't think anyone has had a chance against Sosa the whole time. Brooklyn guy is and Elvin from the Cosby Show are the closest competition... and then Tif and the white chick are probably relatively even. For better or worse, the final four are probably the ones I would have predicted from episode 1.. except maybe Kenny, but his skills always overshadowed his questionable palate.

Isn't there usually some chance for people to win their way back onto the show?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Isn't there usually some chance for people to win their way back onto the show?

No. They sometimes (usually) bring back old losers to be the contestants' sous chefs during the finale, but no matter how good someone helps their chef or how well they cook, once they are sent packing they can't get back in the running.

MarquisMagic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
No. They sometimes (usually) bring back old losers to be the contestants' sous chefs during the finale, but no matter how good someone helps their chef or how well they cook, once they are sent packing they can't get back in the running.

No. In season 5 they brought back the three most recently eliminated contestants in the episode before the finals and they were given an opportunity to return to the competition. For their Quickfire Challenge, they had one hour to create a dish featuring crawfish. The winner joined the four finalists in the Elimination Challenge, but had to win that challenge to reach the final round. He didn't.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarquisMagic
No. In season 5 they brought back the three most recently eliminated contestants in the episode before the finals and they were given an opportunity to return to the competition. For their Quickfire Challenge, they had one hour to create a dish featuring crawfish. The winner joined the four finalists in the Elimination Challenge, but had to win that challenge to reach the final round. He didn't.

Yeah, only time they did that.

I agree, this season is really weak. I still watch but the magic is fading for me.

Mr. Macaque

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon

Tiffany was coming on strong. Before she was eliminated, she either won or was in the top three in the most recent six eps. Sosa on the other hand had ups and downs.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I have a suspicion they put an unusually positive Bourdain in there last week to prop up the viewers' perception of the contestants going into the finale.

runner-guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I have a suspicion they put an unusually positive Bourdain in there last week to prop up the viewers' perception of the contestants going into the finale.

That sucked that Bourdain didn't even rip on anybody.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by runner-guy
That sucked that Bourdain didn't even rip on anybody.

Are you surprised? He spends 99% of his air time fallating every chef/cook he meets.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
When Bourdain guested on Season 4, he was brutal. I think that was the last time he was on. He actually filled in for Colicchio and Dale was eliminated over Lisa, which caused serious fan consternation and which Colicchio later admitted in his blog was probably the wrong decision.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
When Bourdain guested on Season 4, he was brutal. I think that was the last time he was on. He actually filled in for Colicchio and Dale was eliminated over Lisa, which caused serious fan consternation and which Colicchio later admitted in his blog was probably the wrong decision.
Was Lisa the red head who could only cook vietnamese? The Dale guy was definitely stronger than most there...

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Was Lisa the red head who could only cook vietnamese? The Dale guy was definitely stronger than most there...

Yeah, she was rather "butch" and always had a sour face and bad attitude.

Dale should have stuck around much longer.

This season had some eliminations that hurt the show, though they were probably the right call for the particular challenges; Arnold, Kenny, and Tiffany all left before they should have.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SO who would you have ousted over Tif?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should say that I have read a lot of disappointment from 'lay' people all over the internet about some seasons of Top Chef.

To be honest, I understand where some people are coming from, but quite frankly, for most of the people complaining, a lot of these contestants could provide the best or almost the best meal they've ever had in their life. Food snobs who only know big names don't realize who is actually doing the work - it's the people on this show. A lot of them have very impressive work histories and it is sometimes a little funny to see people deride many of the contestants as nobodies. I agree that some years the talent pool is stronger, but even some of the people who don't fare so well in the challenges and lack big personalities could make some really terrific food.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doddish