• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a 6.75" wrist and had always stayed away from panerai, tried the 40mm version and it just looked wrong.
however i tried this on the other day- it's absolutely stunning. i think it will beat out the rose gold numeral portuguese as my next purchase. its not just that the diameter is smaller (although in proportion), also that the case is thinner. i can't wear a sea dweller, for example, but this sits perfectly.

http://www.luxist.com/2009/10/30/pan...er-42mm-watch/

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
Lovely Zenith. So glad they've gone back to their roots but Thierry Nataf has left an ugly legacy behind. A little upset that they've discontinued the standard chronomaster line.

Cheers. I agree with Nataf leaving some ugly, ugly models behind. Have you actually ever seen someone wear a Defy Xtreme? But the new vintage lines are lovely. Considering a 1/10th as my next purchase.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Opps I thought you meant Jay Pulli. A blonde moment!!!

laugh.gif

yea that was the other Jay (from NJ). He hasn't been around risti for years, I believe. He was really into collecting PAMs... I remember his halliburton suitcases full of PAMs... Great, fun guy.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
i have a 6.75" wrist and had always stayed away from panerai, tried the 40mm version and it just looked wrong.
however i tried this on the other day- it's absolutely stunning. i think it will beat out the rose gold numeral portuguese as my next purchase. its not just that the diameter is smaller (although in proportion), also that the case is thinner. i can't wear a sea dweller, for example, but this sits perfectly.

http://www.luxist.com/2009/10/30/pan...er-42mm-watch/

I feel that the 40mm luminor has the wrong proportions. The sub dial remains the same size and it constricts the dial.

standard.jpg

I really like the smaller Radiomir. I think yfyf should give this one a go but he needs to stay away from the new Mare Nostrum

standard.jpg
standard.jpg

Originally Posted by bbhewee
Cheers. I agree with Nataf leaving some ugly, ugly models behind. Have you actually ever seen someone wear a Defy Xtreme? But the new vintage lines are lovely. Considering a 1/10th as my next purchase.

The 1/10th is stunning. Played with one last week. Very well priced indeed, especially after discounts in Hong Kong. I lobbied on various watch fora that a jihad be put on Nataf for what he did to the brand. The Defy Xtreme is an abomination of abominable proportions. He did surround himself with hot models though.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
laugh.gif

yea that was the other Jay (from NJ). He hasn't been around risti for years, I believe. He was really into collecting PAMs... I remember his halliburton suitcases full of PAMs... Great, fun guy.

What about this Pelican case?
laugh.gif

standard.jpg

bbhewee

Reaction score
The 1/10th is stunning. Played with one last week. Very well priced indeed, especially after discounts in Hong Kong. I lobbied on various watch fora that a jihad be put on Nataf for what he did to the brand. The Defy Xtreme is an abomination of abominable proportions. He did surround himself with hot models though.

Agreed on all counts. Out of interest what did you manage to get the 1/10th down to in HK? I'm there in a couple of weeks and may have to have a look around.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
Agreed on all counts. Out of interest what did you manage to get the 1/10th down to in HK? I'm there in a couple of weeks and may have to have a look around.

Around the USD5,000 mark + or - 10%

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Singular
dsc0008io.jpg
/M

It's a "Legend" LE automatic. Nice "Newman" styling, but has the world's cheesiest caseback engravings... /M
I'm afraid I don't have a pic, but among other things one can read; Michael Schumacher - The Legend - SIXTH TITLE LIMITED EDITION - OMEGA - SPEEDMASTER /M
The new model that I posted the pic of has dropped the red outer ring in favor of white (what the hell is that called guys?) and, thankfully, dropped the dumbass engraving.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minute markers?

ScottMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Minute markers?
Yeah I don't know that there's a specific word for that. It's almost the chapter ring.

junior varsity

Reaction score
Dress Watch

31791736760284374531567.jpg

Everyday Watch

34253_636013312122_6108971_37092521_7409643_n.jpg

bbhewee

Reaction score
Around the USD5,000 mark + or - 10%

Not bad indeed. Hhhhmmmm...

Thanks for making me think about it even more
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads