• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steggy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by highendstyle
This new Richard Mille is pretty crazy with a total weight of less than an ounce. Of course you'll need to shell out $525k for the RM 027 Tourbillon that Rafael Nadal collaborated on.

Taken from: Richard Mille RM 027 Tourbillon

That reminds me of some limited edition watch I saw online where the different numbers were like, on spinning gears when they displayed the time. It was also ridiculously expensive.

Just bought this watch the other day, figured I'd contribute to the thread.

IMG_4914.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steggy
That reminds me of some limited edition watch I saw online where the different numbers were like, on spinning gears when they displayed the time. It was also ridiculously expensive.
Uhrwerk? Harry Winston?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
I am ever more tempted by Panerais but do they do one that is not enormous? Like 40mm or less?

Yes they make 40mm models but why bother?
Embrace the enormousness and get a 44mm.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tchoy
Thanks Gaz, the Pam 360 is a beautiful watch. You are lucky if you get score one. I believed the wait-list is miles long.

Yes it is. My fingers are crossed.

Originally Posted by yfyf
I am ever more tempted by Panerais but do they do one that is not enormous? Like 40mm or less?

Also, the Royal Oak in its simplest form and smallest size is really very nice.

I love the simple RO, time only with the blue dial. Excellent choice!

As for the Panerai, they do have 40mm girl sizes in the Luminor but I woud suggest that you consider the Radiomir.

Originally Posted by Kaplan
Another classic Gerald Genta design:

Inge71.jpg

(Not my pic)

Stunning!

Steggy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Uhrwerk? Harry Winston?

I can't recall the name. I want to say it had 4 in the name though, like 4n watch, it was a french design and really limited i believe. I think I saw it on uncrate or engadget or one of those types of sites, i'll try to find it but it's proving to be quite elusive ha

hahahah guess 4n was right lol, here it is

P-1031283308.jpg

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steggy
I can't recall the name. I want to say it had 4 in the name though, like 4n watch, it was a french design and really limited i believe. I think I saw it on uncrate or engadget or one of those types of sites, i'll try to find it but it's proving to be quite elusive ha

hahahah guess 4n was right lol, here it is

P-1031283308.jpg

You won't believe how rediculously overpriced this piece is. If I had that amount to spend, I'd be buying any one of these over the 4n.

standard.jpg
standard.jpg
greubel-forsey-invention-piece-3.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
That's not a Monaco, it's a Silverstone. And I badly want one (tried it on at Torneau a couple of weeks ago when I was in Atlanta). Better-looking than the Monaco, IMO, although I also like that watch. Then again, I'm a sucker for cool '70s design in general, not just for watches.
Huh. The jackoff at Torneau told me that the Silverstone was the original Monaco design before Tag took over and turned it into the Monaco. Crap. Now I'll have to add a vintage Monaco to my list.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Yes they make 40mm models but why bother?
Embrace the enormousness and get a 44mm.

I am already too large for life. If I wore a 44mm Panerai, physics would break.

(real answer: physical weakness)

bbhewee

Reaction score
What's that Speedmaster?

img00048201007141126.jpg

bbhewee

Reaction score
Please do post a picture!
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads