The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Jay is now in DC?

2. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

If I may also add: [​IMG]
    I should add that the pic is not mine. I seem to recall that it's from earlier in this thread and I don't remember who posted it.

I also stumbled across some nice pics of a white RO with a slightly different dial design here.

3. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

i have a 6.75" wrist and had always stayed away from panerai, tried the 40mm version and it just looked wrong.
    however i tried this on the other day- it's absolutely stunning. i think it will beat out the rose gold numeral portuguese as my next purchase. its not just that the diameter is smaller (although in proportion), also that the case is thinner. i can't wear a sea dweller, for example, but this sits perfectly.

http://www.luxist.com/2009/10/30/pan...er-42mm-watch/

4. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Lovely Zenith. So glad they've gone back to their roots but Thierry Nataf has left an ugly legacy behind. A little upset that they've discontinued the standard chronomaster line.

Cheers. I agree with Nataf leaving some ugly, ugly models behind. Have you actually ever seen someone wear a Defy Xtreme? But the new vintage lines are lovely. Considering a 1/10th as my next purchase.

5. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

Beijing | Hong Kong | Manila | Shanghai | Singapor
    Jay is now in DC?

Opps I thought you meant Jay Pulli. A blonde moment!!!

6. gdl203

Opps I thought you meant Jay Pulli. A blonde moment!!!

[​IMG]

yea that was the other Jay (from NJ). He hasn't been around risti for years, I believe. He was really into collecting PAMs... I remember his halliburton suitcases full of PAMs... Great, fun guy.

7. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

i have a 6.75" wrist and had always stayed away from panerai, tried the 40mm version and it just looked wrong.
    however i tried this on the other day- it's absolutely stunning. i think it will beat out the rose gold numeral portuguese as my next purchase. its not just that the diameter is smaller (although in proportion), also that the case is thinner. i can't wear a sea dweller, for example, but this sits perfectly.

http://www.luxist.com/2009/10/30/pan...er-42mm-watch/

I feel that the 40mm luminor has the wrong proportions. The sub dial remains the same size and it constricts the dial.

[​IMG]

I really like the smaller Radiomir. I think yfyf should give this one a go but he needs to stay away from the new Mare Nostrum

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Cheers. I agree with Nataf leaving some ugly, ugly models behind. Have you actually ever seen someone wear a Defy Xtreme? But the new vintage lines are lovely. Considering a 1/10th as my next purchase.

The 1/10th is stunning. Played with one last week. Very well priced indeed, especially after discounts in Hong Kong. I lobbied on various watch fora that a jihad be put on Nataf for what he did to the brand. The Defy Xtreme is an abomination of abominable proportions. He did surround himself with hot models though.

8. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

[​IMG]

yea that was the other Jay (from NJ). He hasn't been around risti for years, I believe. He was really into collecting PAMs... I remember his halliburton suitcases full of PAMs... Great, fun guy.

What about this Pelican case? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

The 1/10th is stunning. Played with one last week. Very well priced indeed, especially after discounts in Hong Kong. I lobbied on various watch fora that a jihad be put on Nataf for what he did to the brand. The Defy Xtreme is an abomination of abominable proportions. He did surround himself with hot models though.

Agreed on all counts. Out of interest what did you manage to get the 1/10th down to in HK? I'm there in a couple of weeks and may have to have a look around.

10. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

Agreed on all counts. Out of interest what did you manage to get the 1/10th down to in HK? I'm there in a couple of weeks and may have to have a look around.

Around the USD5,000 mark + or - 10%

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

[​IMG] /M
    It's a "Legend" LE automatic. Nice "Newman" styling, but has the world's cheesiest caseback engravings... /M
    I'm afraid I don't have a pic, but among other things one can read; Michael Schumacher - The Legend - SIXTH TITLE LIMITED EDITION - OMEGA - SPEEDMASTER /M
    The new model that I posted the pic of has dropped the red outer ring in favor of white (what the hell is that called guys?) and, thankfully, dropped the dumbass engraving.

12. gdl203

Minute markers?

13. ScottMan

ScottMan Senior member

Minute markers?
    Yeah I don't know that there's a specific word for that. It's almost the chapter ring.

14. junior varsity

junior varsity Senior member

Dress Watch

[​IMG]

Everyday Watch

[​IMG]

15. sharpie12

sharpie12 Well-Known Member

What about this Pelican case? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supreme Pam collection there.

Thread Status: