• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

GloryField

Reaction score
I just received the aldo chukkas today, and picked up a pair of levi's 514 slim straight, size 33-34, in a very dark indigo color. It might be raw/dry, I'm not sure, there was a tag that said to not wash if I want the color to remain "dark and clean" and that the dye used may transfer.

http://img717.imageshack.us/g/levis51433342.jpg/

What do you guys think of the fit/combo of the jeans and shoes? Is the inseam too long? Without wearing shoes the hem trails on the carpet which is a little annoying. I will most likely be wearing polos, dress shirts, or plain colored tshirts on top, and won't be tucking my clothes in.

wgbennett83

Reaction score
I'm looking for a red wallet. I found a Paul Smith one that was nice, but I really don't want to spend much over $100. Any recommendations?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wgbennett83
I'm looking for a red wallet. I found a Paul Smith one that was nice, but I really don't want to spend much over $100. Any recommendations?

Topman and H&M usually have colorful wallets.

Hollowthorn

Reaction score
I need recommendations on a vest similar to the Filson Mackinaw Vest in terms of not having a silk/satin back lining....however I would like more of the traditional shape of a 3-piece suit vest and not the square bottom on the Filson. Preferable the suggestion is cheaper than the Filson vest, or you could just direct me to a cheap filson vest (grey).

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

emptysoulz

Reaction score
Hi guys, 2nd post on the forums!

I'm actually working to build up my wardrobe and looking to add a dose of smart casual for daily wear at my "new" workplace. I live in Singapore and its basically summer (30°C and up) everyday here so i'll be keeping to as little layers of clothes possible.

Problem is i'm on a tight budget and the mall brands here are limited so i'll focus more on getting the look rather than the specifics

starting with the off with bottoms and shoes
Intending to start off with a pair of APC New standards and a pair of oxfords, something along this lines

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/shoe...51-steedman/28
http://www.zappos.com/allen-edmonds-augusta-walnut-calf

and a similar colored leather belt to go along with it

Moving on completing the look, I'll probably be looking at slim fit button up shirts to wrap it up. Just a question, what color shirts would match the chestnut/walnut colored shoes and indigo jeans?

Also i really lanky, 6"1 and 150 pounds(I'm in the early 20s btw). Looking to bulk up but that's probably going to take months. In regards to my physique, should there be anything i should take notice of?

Any advice/suggestions would be deeply appreciated!

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I've asked this but does anyone have a good source for buttonups with unique patterns? I don't want any florals and I prefer lighter colors. Thanks.

ec_eric

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to get a leather messenger bag you guys know anywhere to get a nice one?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like my Unlucky bag, other than that run a search

Mountains

Reaction score
I need some good quality t-shirts.

I've been wearing Urban Outfitters t's for time, but I would like something a bit, err, better. Less sheer, and perhaps a bit shorter and slimmer. Is there anything similar to LnA, but less expensive?

vncnt

Reaction score
Hi! I recently got this as a gift: (This links to the Topman page of it, also if you don't visit that and haven't noticed: It's made out of a jersey, kind of "sweatshirtish" material, although it's way thinner and flatter than usual sweatshirt fabric) And I'm seriously in doubt what to wear with it - basically I am unsure about everything: Shirt/T-Shirt/Polo-Shirt/Sweatshirt? Pants? Shoes? Thanks in advance for any specific or general ideas! Edit: I almost forgot to tell something about me which I guess would help for possible looks
wink.gif
I'm 21 years old (178cm tall, weight 66kg, so rather slim), going to uni (studying law, but don't want to look like that
wink.gif
), work as a kind of low-level-assistant for a professor at uni.

BossTweed

Reaction score
It's a cool piece; Acne and now Wings+Horns make similar items. I'd say where it the same way you'd wear a cardigan, very casual. Jeans and a t-shirt. It's certainly not a dressy jacket.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any reccs for some suede penny loafers? I like the BandxSperry ones, but they are a bit pricy. Toe box has to be round and not ugly square like driver mocs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads