• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dumb things we see in the gym...

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TwentySomthing
True! I've only heard of that one though, haven't personally witnessed it though. It seems to me the practice of spitting is more common up North than it is in Shangers.

Ooh! Ooh! I've got another one!

Since Shanghai denizens just love wandering in public in their jammies, do you see them in the gym with their PJs?

Also since lining up is an alien concept imported in China just like opium, do you see a great mass rushing and barging to use the equipments and the bathroom?

RedScarf7

Reaction score
There are a couple of muscle bound (or so they think..) guys at the gym who literally eat tuna in between sets so as to get their requisite amount of protein.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedScarf7
There are a couple of muscle bound (or so they think..) guys at the gym who literally eat tuna in between sets so as to get their requisite amount of protein.

damn, i wish i was that dedicated.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedScarf7

Protein shake is better because liquids are easily digestable.
But I dont advocate eating in between sets because at a frenetic training pace, you are liable to hurl your cookies.

dimshum

Reaction score
While resting in between my squat sets, I noticed a skinny black guy pacing around the gym doing absolutely nothing. Finally, he pulled up next to me, looked straight at the mirror, pulled up his shirt, stared at his abs for 10 seconds and proceeded to walk to the next mirror doing the same thing. After about thirty minutes of pacing and self-admiration, he walked out of the gym. What a joke.

in_motion

Reaction score
Theres a guy at my work gym that uses three or four pieces of equipment and does one set on each, rotating around. he leaves his stuff on the equipment he uses to mark it and its always awkward asking if I can use it. When I see him walking around at work, I just want to pop him in the face.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You must go to fitness first

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in_motion
Theres a guy at my work gym that uses three or four pieces of equipment and does one set on each, rotating around. he leaves his stuff on the equipment he uses to mark it and its always awkward asking if I can use it. When I see him walking around at work, I just want to pop him in the face.

thats me.

in_motion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
^ You must go to fitness first

Not fitness first. I wouldnt mind joining one day actually
smile.gif

Just wish this one guy would free up the equipment by taking his stuff with him as he moves along, and wait like the rest of us if he needs to go back to it.
it doesnt help that its a small gym too

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I swear, a couple was humping / dry-humping the other night in the hot tub next to the fitness area of the hotel I'm staying at. Not that attractive, either of them, so I just continued my routine.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in_motion
Not fitness first. I wouldnt mind joining one day actually
smile.gif

Just wish this one guy would free up the equipment by taking his stuff with him as he moves along, and wait like the rest of us if he needs to go back to it.
it doesnt help that its a small gym too

well, that is directly related to people who curl in the squat rack, or who spend 15 minutes on one station and rest between sets. I do 3 sets, 3-5 excersizes, and want to get out quick. so I set up the weights in each, and do my stuff. so, yeah, it can be annoying, but such is life.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^i take all the pins if i intend to use the crossover/cable station during the course of my day's training.

i also drink a 64 ounce whey/cassein shake during my workout and take BCAAs between sets.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^i take all the pins if i intend to use the crossover/cable station during the course of my day's training.

laugh.gif

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was doing supersets of back (pull-ups) and chest (bench) the other day. I had commandeered the dip/pull-up stand and a bench. I noticed some skinny, little guy pacing back and forth looking at my stuff layed out on top of the bench while I was doing pull-ups. When I finished my superset and was walking back to the bench he looks at me and says in a huffy tone, "Its not very fair to use two sets of equipment at once!" Then he STORMED out of the room. What...a...*****.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^here's my usual reply:

"no you cannot "work in" if you're going to strip plates off every ******* time."

was benching my usual incline sets of 365 when a teen asked if he could work in and proceeded to strip the bar down to 2 quarters every time i was done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads