1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dumb things we see in the gym...

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by aleeboy, Dec 8, 2008.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

yes, good for pullups with blast straps

Did those yesterday with an X-vest. Awesome...never did them before.

- B

2. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^cool. every few weeks i do a blast-strap/sled workout at home in lieu of a trip to the gym. straps were the best $40 i ever spent.

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

^cool. every few weeks i do a blast-strap/sled workout at home in lieu of a trip to the gym. straps were the best $40 i ever spent.

I also did a sled workout yesterday...a few rounds of 20 pulls. I always feel like I'm going to die afterwards.

- B

4. dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67 Senior member

yeah, there is a sense of comraderie in a gym, as you see the same guys doing the same lifts at the same times. it's like going to a bar, you see all the same faces.

what motivates me is watching hot girls in sexy outfits doing their workouts. God Bless America!

5. seamless74

seamless74 Senior member

Yeah i have to agree with the earlier poster. The unabashed nakedness in the mens lockeroom is disgusting. unfortunately at my gym on my way to the pisser you have to go through the lockeroom which is of course attached to the hot tub. So in essence you get these old fat disgusting lookin gentlemen totall relaxed spread eagle on the benches in there and of course they have the obligatory towels.. on the top of their heads lol... Its really disturbing not so much how bad they look but their utter comfort in lettin everyone see it.

One of my biggest peeves with out a doubt is number one weight droppers.. I know your huge, I know your intense, and i most definately know you um... supplement, but god i hate dumbell droppers..

And i also cant stand couples who work out together, i mean i know some of these couples it makes prefect sense i guess but for like 80% i know its pretty much gonna be the death knell in their relationship you know like its gotten to the point if they dont try and spend more time together there gonna break up type thing.. which working out together only excaserbates the situation.. Plus it makes the girls who are constantly checkin out every other guy in the gym when their man is doing his reps hard to talk to..

6. unexpected

unexpected Senior member

kunk, what do you attach the blast straps to at home? All of the ones I've seen (very limited number) have them attached to bars....

7. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

i have a pair of rings from http://www.ringtraining.com and i have a pull up bar in my door that i usually attach them to. also its easy to find a tree or any other cross bar to hang them from.

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i have them clipped to a wide chin-up bar in my home office.

kunk, what do you attach the blast straps to at home? All of the ones I've seen (very limited number) have them attached to bars....

9. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Yeah i have to agree with the earlier poster. The unabashed nakedness in the mens lockeroom is disgusting. unfortunately at my gym on my way to the pisser you have to go through the lockeroom which is of course attached to the hot tub. So in essence you get these old fat disgusting lookin gentlemen totall relaxed spread eagle on the benches in there and of course they have the obligatory towels.. on the top of their heads lol... Its really disturbing not so much how bad they look but their utter comfort in lettin everyone see it.

LOL - as one of the older fat naked guys at the gym I'm really glad our efforts are paying off in making all the young nambi-pambi shy guys upset. You know, we don't really care if you look or not and we certainly don't care about looking at you. We revel in the fact that we are just guys who don't have to worry about such silly things anymore.

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

this could be cured by opening a gym for naked old fat men, a la Curves.

11. markb

markb Well-Known Member

You're right. Then all the young shy guys can shower wearing their shorts or swim trunks and think it normal - LOL

12. Eason

Eason Senior member

You're right. Then all the young shy guys can shower wearing their shorts or swim trunks and think it normal - LOL

Do your genitalia look like a small nose on a round face?

13. lefty

lefty Senior member

LOL - as one of the older fat naked guys at the gym I'm really glad our efforts are paying off in making all the young nambi-pambi shy guys upset. You know, we don't really care if you look or not and we certainly don't care about looking at you. We revel in the fact that we are just guys who don't have to worry about such silly things anymore.

+1.

lefty

14. scotsman

scotsman Active Member

Call it....Lumps?

15. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Probably mentioned already but - Squat Rack Curlers. I hope they die miserable deaths.

16. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

Guys who break out air boxing & kicking in front of the mirror in between sets...

We had a guy like this...we called him "The Kicker". Although I never even saw him touch the weights...and his punching/kicking were done with no form whatsoever. Somehow he was buddies with all the regular 'top-tier' lifters at the gym.

What about the guys who, after each set (usually getting up from some sort of chest exercise) lift up their shirts and check out/flex their abs in the mirror for everyone to see? Like, between EVERY set. And they aren't even working their abs.

I saw someone mention 'jacked' as a term to describe someone who is ripped/buff...remember using 'yolked' and 'swoll' (did I even spell those correctly)? Or do people still use those terms?

17. pdeng

pdeng Well-Known Member

the dude with the banana hammock in the locker room

and no, i don't mean the underwear

18. 8-Ball

8-Ball Active Member

My biggest pet peeve in the gym is seeing some jackass load up the bar and do heavy cheat-curls with it. The worst offender in my gym would get so much more from his membership if he got on the damn treadmill and just tried to lose some weight but instead he insists of slapping on the 45's and swinging the damn thing around. It's a wonder he doesn't bruise the back of his head of the ground he cheats so badly.

19. Eason

Eason Senior member

My biggest pet peeve in the gym is seeing some jackass load up the bar and do heavy cheat-curls with it. The worst offender in my gym would get so much more from his membership if he got on the damn treadmill and just tried to lose some weight but instead he insists of slapping on the 45's and swinging the damn thing around. It's a wonder he doesn't bruise the back of his head of the ground he cheats so badly.

I always suggested that they use a little more calve and lower back, try and do a wave.