• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High School Reunions - been to one?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I avoid these at all costs. The only people I like from high school I see each Thanksgiving and Xmas.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you for you words of wisdom, WoodyStylee. We are all the more intelligent for having heard them.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
What do you consider a real doctor? I think real doctors are those with PhD's. A medical doctor is a physician to me. If an MD can call themselves a doctor, certainly a DDS can.

A good chiropractor is hardcore, certainly higher up than a GP. They actually have to work on cadavers in chiropractor school. Not to mention the fact that they make me feel like a million bucks.

There is nothing wrong with being a Dentist. Did you know that dentists are most likely to be named "Dennis"?

Most doctors train on a cadaver, and to say that a chiropractor is more qualified than a GP, or more useful, when it is considered by most thinking people to be quackery and utter pseudo science is beyond interesting to me.

I'm guessing you or your dad is one.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Most doctors train on a cadaver, and to say that a chiropractor is more qualified than a GP, or more useful, when it is considered by most thinking people to be quackery and utter pseudo science is beyond interesting to me.

Neither, I don't have any friends that are one either. I know most doctors train on cadavers, but I was surprised that chiropractors do too. Most the allopathic medical profession is quackery, don't forget.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Boy.
Dress up. Put a smile on your face and go take in the show.

Don't encourage this crowd
plain.gif

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField

Originally Posted by tiecollector
Most the allopathic medical profession is quackery, don't forget.

SField, if you stick around here for a while and read tiecollector's posts, you will see he harbors a lot of animosity towards the medical profession.

I guess some doc screwed him (or a loved one) over at some point in his life and he's certainly entitled to his opinion.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw my class' Myspace group once. Seeing how people changed unsettled me, like hearing death's footsteps catching up to me. I'm not going to any high school reunions.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
I saw my class' Myspace group once. Seeing how people changed unsettled me, like hearing death's footsteps catching up to me. I'm not going to any high school reunions.

My class held a pre-reunion meeting at some swanky martini bar, and I swear the only thing that changed was that one of the guys went bald. Still the same fab clicquey in-crowd bunch. No thanx, although if one of them got arrested I would dig it!

chrome_dout

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Facebook makes reunions obsolete.

Pretty much yea! Haven't been to my HS reunion as I still keep in touch with a few good friends. No need to see anyone else.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrome_dout
No need to see anyone else.
A couple of women in my class who were just sort of meh while we were in school showed up at my 30-year and were breathtakingly beautiful. Truly stunning.

Just seeing their transformations was reason enough to attend. The bjs were simply a bonus.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of women in my class who were just sort of meh while we were in school showed up at my 30-year and were breathtakingly beautiful. Truly stunning.

Just seeing their transformations was reason enough to attend. The bjs were simply a bonus.

No way, Dakota!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

And the truth comes out. Rube goes to HS reunions for the **'s.

Tell me...do you just attend your own or do you try your luck at other schools' reunions as well?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads