• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ghosts?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
???

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see . . . something . . . anything really.

I don't see or believe in ghosts, loch ness, UFO's and other such phenomena. I also don't have any superstitions or lucky rituals. And I'm somewhere between agnostic and aetheist.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no such thing.

That said, I love getting creeped out by "real life" ghost stories, UFO encounters, etc. Probably because it touches the same Jungian whatever in me that it does in those who do believe in such nonsense. Call it a willing suspension of disbelief.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ghosts, across cultures, share the universal quality of being mostly invisible, in the same way that Bigfoots often walk in vegetation dense forests and alien spacecrafts only crash in empty deserts. I have read about very few paranormal activities that took place in areas where a high frequency of human encounter is possible.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't believe, I have plenty of asian friends who do.

scfdefinit

Reaction score
I've never seen a ghost. I've heard stories, I don't really think they exist but I can't rule out the possibility of ghosts' existance. As it stands I see it as some misunderstood phenomena.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't see how anyone can say they don't believe in ghosts. if you haven't seen one, then you haven't seen one. you don't know if they exist or not. if you've seen one, you believe.

i saw one when i was about 19. it was an old lady and she appeared in front of me in my grandmother's house. i had always felt that place was haunted.

here's a long weird story:

a relative of mine says that when she was a little girl, she used to get up in the middle of the night once in a while to use the bathroom, and every few months, she would encounter a family of chimps, eating breakfast, in the kitchen. she remembers very vividly a mother and two children, all dressed in human clothes. she would walk past them on her way to the bathroom and they would continue with their breakfast without paying much attention to her. so, for years and years she never told anyone about this, because she assumed no one would believe her.

recently, as an adult (she's in her 50s), while conversing with her sisters, she decided to spill the beans and tell them the story of the chimps she had seen as a child. it turns out her sisters saw the same thing, and they too never told anyone for fear of being called a liar, or crazy. they discussed what the chimps wore, what they ate, everything was the same. they had seen the exact same thing.

when i was told of this i figured there had actually been a family of chimps, dressed as humans, eating breakfast in the middle of the night at her house, but everyone believes they were ghosts.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think they exist but there are some pretty convincing videos on youtube which gave me the chills.

Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
i don't see how anyone can say they don't believe in ghosts. if you haven't seen one, then you haven't seen one. you don't know if they exist or not. if you've seen one, you believe.

i saw one when i was about 19. it was an old lady and she appeared in front of me in my grandmother's house. i had always felt that place was haunted.

here's a long weird story:

a relative of mine says that when she was a little girl, she used to get up in the middle of the night once in a while to use the bathroom, and every few months, she would encounter a family of chimps, eating breakfast, in the kitchen. she remembers very vividly a mother and two children, all dressed in human clothes. she would walk past them on her way to the bathroom and they would continue with their breakfast without paying much attention to her. so, for years and years she never told anyone about this, because she assumed no one would believe her.

recently, as an adult (she's in her 50s), while conversing with her sisters, she decided to spill the beans and tell them the story of the chimps she had seen as a child. it turns out her sisters saw the same thing, and they too never told anyone for fear of being called a liar, or crazy. they discussed what the chimps wore, what they ate, everything was the same. they had seen the exact same thing.

when i was told of this i figured there had actually been a family of chimps, dressed as humans, eating breakfast in the middle of the night at her house, but everyone believes they were ghosts.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I and a number of my family members have experienced unexplainable stuff when we used to live in this very old house for a few years when I was a kid. Hearing a child's cry from behind a wall that is an abandoned warehouse connected to the house, a lady apparition "gliding" around the backyard, another lady who sits on the couch in the living room who suddenly disappeared.... I don't know what they are, but they sure gave me the creeps back then!

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
funny how a lot of ghost stories involve the usual elements: unexplained sound, old building/house, some lady or child (rarely a good looking Ralph Lauren model).

Originally Posted by acidicboy
I and a number of my family members have experienced unexplainable stuff when we used to live in this very old house for a few years when I was a kid. Hearing a child's cry from behind a wall that is an abandoned warehouse connected to the house, a lady apparition "gliding" around the backyard, another lady who sits on the couch in the living room who suddenly disappeared.... I don't know what they are, but they sure gave me the creeps back then!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
I don't think they exist but there are some pretty convincing videos on youtube which gave me the chills.
The ones I've seen are stupid, with an exception. There's a video filmed in Gettysburg that shows weird forms darting in and out of a treeline.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta

Jesus, that's f'ing creepy. I mean genuinely creepy. I wonder how she and her sisters were able to see this without screaming or crying like I would do at my current age.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads