Ghosts?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JLibourel, Jul 3, 2008.

1. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

I believe in them. I believe I've seen them, mostly when I was a kid.

2. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

???

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

4. celery

celery Senior member

I'd love to see . . . something . . . anything really.

I don't see or believe in ghosts, loch ness, UFO's and other such phenomena. I also don't have any superstitions or lucky rituals. And I'm somewhere between agnostic and aetheist.

5. warlok1965

warlok1965 Senior member

There's no such thing.

That said, I love getting creeped out by "real life" ghost stories, UFO encounters, etc. Probably because it touches the same Jungian whatever in me that it does in those who do believe in such nonsense. Call it a willing suspension of disbelief.

6. Coho

Coho Senior member

Ghosts, across cultures, share the universal quality of being mostly invisible, in the same way that Bigfoots often walk in vegetation dense forests and alien spacecrafts only crash in empty deserts. I have read about very few paranormal activities that took place in areas where a high frequency of human encounter is possible.

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I don't believe, I have plenty of asian friends who do.

8. scfdefinit

scfdefinit Senior member

I've never seen a ghost. I've heard stories, I don't really think they exist but I can't rule out the possibility of ghosts' existance. As it stands I see it as some misunderstood phenomena.

9. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

i don't see how anyone can say they don't believe in ghosts. if you haven't seen one, then you haven't seen one. you don't know if they exist or not. if you've seen one, you believe.

i saw one when i was about 19. it was an old lady and she appeared in front of me in my grandmother's house. i had always felt that place was haunted.

here's a long weird story:

a relative of mine says that when she was a little girl, she used to get up in the middle of the night once in a while to use the bathroom, and every few months, she would encounter a family of chimps, eating breakfast, in the kitchen. she remembers very vividly a mother and two children, all dressed in human clothes. she would walk past them on her way to the bathroom and they would continue with their breakfast without paying much attention to her. so, for years and years she never told anyone about this, because she assumed no one would believe her.

recently, as an adult (she's in her 50s), while conversing with her sisters, she decided to spill the beans and tell them the story of the chimps she had seen as a child. it turns out her sisters saw the same thing, and they too never told anyone for fear of being called a liar, or crazy. they discussed what the chimps wore, what they ate, everything was the same. they had seen the exact same thing.

when i was told of this i figured there had actually been a family of chimps, dressed as humans, eating breakfast in the middle of the night at her house, but everyone believes they were ghosts.

10. Coho

Coho Senior member

I don't think they exist but there are some pretty convincing videos on youtube which gave me the chills.

i don't see how anyone can say they don't believe in ghosts. if you haven't seen one, then you haven't seen one. you don't know if they exist or not. if you've seen one, you believe.

i saw one when i was about 19. it was an old lady and she appeared in front of me in my grandmother's house. i had always felt that place was haunted.

here's a long weird story:

a relative of mine says that when she was a little girl, she used to get up in the middle of the night once in a while to use the bathroom, and every few months, she would encounter a family of chimps, eating breakfast, in the kitchen. she remembers very vividly a mother and two children, all dressed in human clothes. she would walk past them on her way to the bathroom and they would continue with their breakfast without paying much attention to her. so, for years and years she never told anyone about this, because she assumed no one would believe her.

recently, as an adult (she's in her 50s), while conversing with her sisters, she decided to spill the beans and tell them the story of the chimps she had seen as a child. it turns out her sisters saw the same thing, and they too never told anyone for fear of being called a liar, or crazy. they discussed what the chimps wore, what they ate, everything was the same. they had seen the exact same thing.

when i was told of this i figured there had actually been a family of chimps, dressed as humans, eating breakfast in the middle of the night at her house, but everyone believes they were ghosts.

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I and a number of my family members have experienced unexplainable stuff when we used to live in this very old house for a few years when I was a kid. Hearing a child's cry from behind a wall that is an abandoned warehouse connected to the house, a lady apparition "gliding" around the backyard, another lady who sits on the couch in the living room who suddenly disappeared.... I don't know what they are, but they sure gave me the creeps back then!

12. Coho

Coho Senior member

funny how a lot of ghost stories involve the usual elements: unexplained sound, old building/house, some lady or child (rarely a good looking Ralph Lauren model).

I and a number of my family members have experienced unexplainable stuff when we used to live in this very old house for a few years when I was a kid. Hearing a child's cry from behind a wall that is an abandoned warehouse connected to the house, a lady apparition "gliding" around the backyard, another lady who sits on the couch in the living room who suddenly disappeared.... I don't know what they are, but they sure gave me the creeps back then!

13. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I don't think they exist but there are some pretty convincing videos on youtube which gave me the chills.
    The ones I've seen are stupid, with an exception. There's a video filmed in Gettysburg that shows weird forms darting in and out of a treeline.

14. merkur

merkur Senior member

15. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Jesus, that's f'ing creepy. I mean genuinely creepy. I wonder how she and her sisters were able to see this without screaming or crying like I would do at my current age.