• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

McDonalds and their "challenge to Starbucks"

etl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
I've never eaten at McDonalds ...tastes 1000000 times better than Mcdonalds

Seems to be a little bit of a problem with this statement.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
So...you follks who don't eat McD's...what do you do at 3am when you're hammered and starving?

There was only one allusion to this on the previous page: if Starbucks is worried about McCafes, it ain't because of the quality of the coffee. And yes, people hold business meetings and sit around and work in McCafes. They're no more soulless than the average Starbucks.

Tom

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
i love mcd's iced coffees . nothing awful about them. rather drink that then starbucks four dollar version.

+1 I LOVE the McDs iced coffee.....when they first came out I think I got one almost every other day with a coworker.

The only drink I like at Starbucks is their Green Tea iced tea with half the sugar flavoring they normally put in

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
So...you follks who don't eat McD's...what do you do at 3am when you're hammered and starving?
Go to one of the 24 hour Starbucks?

In all seriousness to this, I live in Seattle and am of course a coffee snob. I look down on both.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score

There was only one allusion to this on the previous page: if Starbucks is worried about McCafes, it ain't because of the quality of the coffee. And yes, people hold business meetings and sit around and work in McCafes. They're no more soulless than the average Starbucks.

Tom

Chinese food?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Go to one of the 24 hour Starbucks?

The correct response to that question for a Seattlite would be:

There's always Pioneer square street meat. Cream Cheese dog!

I'd have said Minnie's But they are closed cause they didn't pay their taxes. Theres 13 Coins, which has lost much of its Noirish appeal after the smoking ban. The Hurricane, which has lost much of its appeal after the 90's...

and for everyone else out there in the world outside Seattle, there's always Denny's!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that Starbucks is being challenged by McDonalds. It is more that they are having to face the reality that their days of unbridled growth and undying public affection are at an end. Now they have to justify themselves to consumers so you will see more advertising, more "specials" and probably more "feel good" tie ins with their stores and products. However, the fact remains that they have a ton of convenient locations that are an ideal place to meet others and surf. I don't see that changing. And, as long as those cute girls keep hanging out at my local 'bucks I'll continue to stop in and "read the paper".
smile.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're no more soulless than the average Starbucks. Tom
I disagree for two reasons. 1) the lighting at any Macs is glaring and awful. Starbucks usually has it right. 2) Starbucks smells better. I LOVE McDonalds french fries and some of their salads but the places have a bit of a greasy smell. I always get my food to go.

James Gatz

Reaction score

There's a pizza place near many of our regular watering holes that's open until 4. I'd be willing to say it's pretty effing good, but I've never eaten it sober.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Tom

I live in the land of ten million taco trucks.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score

3am is prime Jack in the Box time!

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm a food snob, but I still like my Chicken McNuggets.

I patronize Starbucks when I have no option. If there's a locally owned coffee shop nearby, I'd rather go there. But if there's not, c'est la vie.

As far as Starbucks goes, I like the chai tea misto. Made with chai tea bags, so it's much closer to real chai than the sugary-sweet "chai latte." Half the price, too. It's revealing that SB doesn't even list it on many of their menu signs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads