• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"I have no sunglasses as I step into the sun"

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tatet
I think ASAP has passed, it's about time you posted a pic.

I stand by my word!

Photo152.jpg

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing these two the most lately.

Paul Smith PS387
r6sr-paul-ps387s-4-13852.jpg

&
Oliver Peoples Farell
farrell_623.jpg

bapelolol

Reaction score
mykita pricing? im in canada and was quoted at $500 retail for a pair.. what is a better price after discounts etc?

tom fords? going price is like $280 after discount which is way to much for plastic, same with PS and OP.. im thinking more 210ish or less since its luxoticca/TF

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I smashed my fist into a radio playing Sublime, effectively silencing it, in honor of this thread today.

kidtwist91

Reaction score
Sublime Rules! tokyo you should come to that nudie/denimbar party so we can settle this once and for all.

I propose a dance - off

ThinkandDrive

Reaction score
I just placed an order for some Persol 2788v frames in tortoise with Transitions lenses.

I figure if I have to wear glasses, I'll get something with an iconic look that works for both specs and sunglasses.

Don't have them yet, but here's two promo shots of them. I liked that the arrow detail on the temples is so huge. Apparently, this is a reissue of one of their more vintage styles, slightly updated.

po2877v-24.jpg

po2877v-24-1.jpg

ThinkandDrive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Good lord those are BEAUTIFUL. Would love to see what lense tints are available.

Yeah. Aren't they? I went in looking for some other style that has a really slim arrow appointment on the temples. But I totally lucked out and the place was holding their annual trunk sale. There was a BVLGARI, Tiffany, Persol distributor right there in house! He saw me looking at the Persols in the display case and walked over with the 2877v in his hands. We spent a long time looking at just about every frame he had.

At first, I thought the 2877vs were a bit big. But the more I tried on others, I kept coming back to them. Having him fitting these frames to my face was like being fitted for a suit. I was a little stunned when he took my inseam though.
eh.gif

kidding!

Pics will be posted when I get them. In and out of the sun, for tinting. I'm getting the grey Transitions, even though they're tortoise frames. The brown Transitions has a bad reputation.

ThinkandDrive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Good lord those are BEAUTIFUL. Would love to see what lense tints are available.
They're HERE! They're HERE! I'm wearing them as full-time specs, so I got the transitions. Haven't seen them go fully dark yet. The new generation transitions are really "fluid" and change their darkness rather quickly to react to the light. But even with a slight tint, these frames are just gorgeous! Pics coming soon.

bkk

Reaction score
I have listened to all of Sublime, and they completely and absolutely suck. Every song is about drinking, toking, and doing the horizontal naughty (and all women are whores, forgot about that). Nearly as repetitive as Rage, and musically just as bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads