"I have no sunglasses as I step into the sun"

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kidtwist91, May 1, 2008.

1. Absolute Beginner

Absolute Beginner Well-Known Member

Sublime is awful, just thought I'd add that to this thread.

Thank you, TS. It needed to be said.

I bought a pair of Blinde Bagel Jr. last year, and they're now my favorites.

[​IMG]

2. tatet

tatet Senior member

If you were to show me Fade to Black's clothing unworn, I would say, "It looks terrible." Of course, on him it works.

I will post pictures of myself in these glasses ASAP. Not all people are created equal, and the idea of a world with homogenous style depresses me.

I think ASAP has passed, it's about time you posted a pic.

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I think ASAP has passed, it's about time you posted a pic.

I don't have them yet, sooo ...

4. Jumbie

Jumbie Senior member

Oliver Peoples Strummer (gold frame with olive green gradient)

[​IMG]

5. chronic

chronic Senior member

^ how do those fit? are they a smaller aviator?

They're rather large, but they fit my face well. I don't have a basis for comparison, as these are my first aviators. They're very comfortable though.

6. kidtwist91

kidtwist91 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that it is What Happened by Sublime. What a great band.
    As for sunglasses I wear my dad's old Wayfarers. My options are kind of limited though because I need prescription lenses.

ding ding. i don't know who that guy is that said they suck but i have to disagree with him. listen to 40 oz to freedom.

BTW I think im just going to run the risk of having to send them back because i really want these:

[​IMG]

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

i don't know who that guy is that said they suck but i have to disagree with him. listen to 40 oz to freedom.
    "that guy" is me. I didn't say that Sublime sucked, I said they were awful. Their music is rote, derivative, pop music with like 2oz of talent and 38oz of marketing. I like to categorize it under lazy-stoner-angsty-teencore-altrock/ska-punk/faux-reggae-socal-bullshit. I think they were too lazy and untalented to "suck" since that is like, totally, way too proactive... dude. But hey, if you like em, good for you. Someone has to buy all the shit that MTV sells. And you act as if I'd never heard 40oz To Freedom like a billion damn times in my life. [​IMG] This is what they'll be making into MUZAK in about another 3-5 years, if they haven't already. This, Sugar Ray (I remember when they were a metal band!), Smashmouth, 311, and etc... ugh. Generally speaking, I think that if Brad Nowell hadn't OD'ed on Heroin, he'd probably be on Dancing With The Stars right now.

8. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

Anyone here have any experience with eyewear from either Sabre or Obey?

I'm looking for something Wayfarer-ish (I've already a pair of those) and I'm thinking about these:

Sabre Poolside
    http://caliroots.com/data/product/im...20219263_L.jpg
    http://caliroots.com/data/product/im...08282194_L.jpg

Obey Cool Motherfucker
    http://caliroots.com/data/product/im...40159110_L.jpg
    http://caliroots.com/data/product/im...01790110_L.jpg

I think I might go with the Poolsides tho. I really like design of the Obey glasses, but I could do without that white Obey-logo on them.

9. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

I was blissfully unaware that Sublime stirred such high emotions, positive or negative ... it seems like getting fired up about Akon. [​IMG]

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I was blissfully unaware that Sublime stirred such high emotions, positive or negative ... it seems like getting fired up about Akon. [​IMG]
    Fortunately for me, Akon hasn't yet anthemized by a whole subgenre of people I generally despise being around. White suburban stoners are annoying, though relatively harmless. But those same stoners with ready access to a Sublime CD... can be deadly.

11. ManicAbstraction

ManicAbstraction Well-Known Member

Fortunately for me, Akon hasn't yet anthemized by a whole subgenre of people I generally despise being around. White suburban stoners are annoying, though relatively harmless. But those same stoners with ready access to a Sublime CD... can be deadly.
    Art is subjective... But anyway, what artists do you like? /offtopic edit: checked out your playlist, we have a nearly identical taste in music...I don't mind a bit of dub every once in a while though

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

edit: checked out your playlist, we have a nearly identical taste in music...I don't mind a bit of dub every once in a while though

I don't mind dub either... for the most part. A little bit of King Tubby now and again is alright...

13. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can't get into sunglasses. Not in the literal sense, i.e., I don't have a colossal water-filled head, I just can't really get into them. They feel affected -- like I should be yanking them off real fast, and turning my head and pointing into the camera because beyond the 4th wall, someone wants to stop me from rocking. I'm aware of the dark anti-rock forces conspiring against me, but I don't see how eyewear fits into my counterattack.

I just feel like a total doof in sunglasses, and have never suffered any practical consequences for their lack.

I know what you mean, Most of my life I've felt funny in sunglasses, and kind of blind. But I just got tired of squinting when I'm outside or driving (I never wear them inside) and have been forcing myself to wear them lately.

Most of the time I wear these Mosley Tribes Enforcer's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and occasionally these Persol 2763:

[​IMG]

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

15. zyg0te

zyg0te Senior member