• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
. . .
Dopey--- I said my GT tasted poorly b/c of the non-fresh lime. You think a squirt of Rose's or whatever you called it would taste okay?

Try it. I suppose with enough Rose's, you could make some kind of girlie limeade, but I would do that with something neutral like seltzer rather than tonic water. Next time just use a fresh lime for a garnish or ignore it. The lime is not so critical to a G&T anyway. It is nice, but not essential.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm drinking my go-to "daytime" beverage, Big K sparkling water in a can! After years of drinking bottled sparkling water -- Perrier, Gerolsteinter, Pellegrino, etc. -- I discovered that our local supermarket had its own house brand of sparkling water, which I've found addictive. It is literally just carbonated water (not spring water or anything) and costs all of about eight cents a can. I have become so accustomed to the ultra-carbonation of "Big K" that when I go back to the naturally sparkling stuff, it actually tastes flat to me.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I don't understand why. Ok, I do understand why...but I don't understand why. I really think you should get some help. And start working out: substitute one bad thing to take off stress with another thing that is good for you.

I think you're in the wrong thread. We like to drink here.

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Conne--- Jon's got a point. Sometimes when you're having just the shittiest day, a nice long run or a good weight-lifting session would help a ton.

Says the kid who started drinking a week ago and hasn't missed a day yet.

Virginia Dandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
I have a near-pathological aversion to Rose's (how can it be better than fresh juice and a little simple syrup?), but I'll give it a try and report back.

Stoli gimlet up has been my white goods drink of choice for years. When checking out a new place, I always find it interesting to see whether it's made with Rose's or fresh lime juice. I like them either way. When making them at home, I use Rose's.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ponied up the few extra dollars for my first bottle of Evan Williams Black Label in many months (I usually get Green)--I don't think it's appreciably better than the cheaper alternative. Green Label=$20 for a handle=bliss
inlove.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polarbear
Finally found a bottle of:

on my second aviation.

I'm not nuts for the Aviation (I bought Maraschino for it as well). Will try it again with a different gin and some creme de violette when I can grab some.

~ Huntsman

topbroker

Reaction score
I'm not nuts for the Aviation (I bought Maraschino for it as well). Will try it again with a different gin and some creme de violette when I can grab some.

~ Huntsman

You have a souce for creme de violette??

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course. Wally's Liquors in LA has been stocking Rothman and Winter's new Creme de Violette (though I admit stock is variable). Astor wines and spirits in NYC also had it and I was supposed to pick up a bottle last weekend but the weather kept me out of the City (and seriously pissed me off, too). Here's a link to the importer's page: http://www.alpenz.com/images/poftfol...lettefacts.htm

topbroker

Reaction score
Of course.

Wally's Liquors in LA has been stocking Rothman and Winter's new Creme de Violette (though I admit stock is variable). Astor wines and spirits in NYC also had it and I was supposed to pick up a bottle last weekend but the weather kept me out of the City (and seriously pissed me off, too).

Here's a link to the importer's page:

http://www.alpenz.com/images/poftfol...lettefacts.htm

Thank you, Huntsman! That is very cool to know. I shall certainly be getting some.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All part of the service!

polarbear

Reaction score

~ Huntsman

It took 8 liquor stores on my sunday afternoon walk to find the Luxardo; no creme de violette was found...is it worth the trek to Astor to get it?

I used boodles tonight. (I managed to kick my bottles of tanqueray, miller's and broker's all within the last two weeks--funny how they all get to the end around the same time). The Boodles was pretty good, but I'm still experimenting with the aviation recipes, so I don't really have much basis for comparison.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just having a generous pour of Jameson--on the rock--as a night cap after having read for almost two hours of mind numbing GATT dispute panel decisions. These people should learn to write in short, comprehensible, sentences.
38_0.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member