• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Case. Decide for yourselves.

Unregistered

Reaction score
You've won your case
smile.gif

Unregistered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Only if the package has been torn open and caused a bit of dirt to get on the tie, thus trashing it.
laugh.gif

How did that saga end? I missed the end before it was canned.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the tie back eventually and it was to my surprise he didn't do anything to it - nothing was wrong with it at all. It was just as I had shipped it. From what it looked like, he tried to get the tie for free, got irritated that I knew what he was trying to do and gave up in the end.

Tie was resold to a happy customer for about the same price.

antsshoes

Reaction score
You have the case won. Even if the suit didn't look bad at all, ebay would side with the buyer. I'm not questioning you as a buyer, but I will say that the seller must be one hell of a photographer/photoshopper in order to hide ALL that damage from potential bidders.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Why would you go through all this time when you can access the auction page for 45 days after it ends, unalterable by the seller? If you have not received it in more than 2-3 weeks, thats still 20 extra days that you can use that page for your information - and eBay can access it at any time during a claim? Seems like a lot of extra work/disk usage for nothing.

Do they cache everything? Because 90% of my pics are self-hosted. I can take them down or switch them any time I want.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Do they cache everything? Because 90% of my pics are self-hosted. I can take them down or switch them any time I want.

AFAIK, for 45 days, yes, after that, not so sure.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
I don't know why so many people here are so confident that the original poster will win the case. Personally, the original poster concerns is that the seller would lie the eBay and say that these damaged suits are NOT the same ones that she sent to the original poster.

If this is the case, it would be extremely difficult to fight back.

Anyway, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. It sucks, but you will learn from this BIG TIME.

I don't know if this is a good tip to prevent this from happening to you and any of us. What I would do is to get a video recorder and get everything recorded from the second that you receive the box until you actually can see what is inside the box.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Take her to the f*cking cleaners. This is a disgrace.
ffffuuuu.gif

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, did the seller ever refer to it as a "Z Zegna" suit? In the quote in the OP, it mentions "Ermenegildo Zegna," which is a different line entirely. I'd consider that worth mentioning too.

either/or

Reaction score
dammit, I want to learn from this, too. (kind of new to eBay)

Where's the link to eBay? Is it possible to make a connection at all between what we see here and what is shown on eBay?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SanDiegoMD