1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ebay Case. Decide for yourselves.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AE7, Apr 12, 2011.

1. AE7

AE7 Senior member

I am not sure where to post it.

I've recently won a Z Zegna suit on American Ebay. Seller is resident in UK, as I am.

The seller claimed it to be a:

"Beautiful Italian designer suit.

New with tags. 84% wool, 16 mohair.

Purchased for £549.00 for a wedding & never worn due to size.

Ermenegildo Zegna is reknowned for designing sophisticated, classic suits.

Happy bidding."

Now what I received is a damaged suit with rips, holes and stains throughout jacket and pants. To add to that, the suits has a persistent smell of dry cleaning products, the waistband of pants is soiled, the pants tag is discolored. wrinkled, and has a stapler punctured wholes indicative of the dry cleaning service. For some strange reason pants were put in a black garbage bag separately.

I've contacted a seller and opened an ebay case.

Now, what is interesting that the seller: 1)escalated this case; 2) claims that the suit was new when she shipped it; 3) will only refund if she receives it in a claimed condition (i.e. new); 4) is leaving for holiday until 24-th of April.

I am currently awaiting Resolution Center decision. Just wanted to share this issue with you. Will appreciate reaction. Let me know if I should post it in a different thread/subforum.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Looks quite evidently used.

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

"New with tags" WTF?

4. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

i would send this link to Ebay - perhaps they'll move on the resolution a bit faster..

5. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

I would be too kind to suggest that perhaps the seller sent the wrong suit. You should win your case with ease.

6. alphaO888

alphaO888 Senior member

This is when being a "VIP" member of paypal comes in handy. They're probably going to rule in your favor. Everything will be based upon your word vs hers and they'll look at history, etc. But I wouldn't be surprised if they made her refund you after you ship back the damaged suit.

7. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Purchased for £549.00 for a wedding & never worn due to size.

she shipped it;

She bought a suit that didn't fit? Smells even before you received it

8. Icehawk

Icehawk Senior member

Clearly that's NWT, you must be blind!

Damn, that sucks good luck with your PP claim - if you did payment via CC through Paypal you have that option as well.

9. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

don't tell us. tell ebay.

10. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

i would send this link to Ebay - perhaps they'll move on the resolution a bit faster..

+1

11. AE7

AE7 Senior member

Thanks guys! I am surprised with the reaction of the seller - instead of admitting the fault, she (the PayPal recipient is a woman, the ebay user id is unisex) insists that the suit is (was) new and escalates the case herself. I can foresee the possibility that the seller will claim that I damaged the suit. Now the PayPal does not allow me to open a case because I have already opened an Ebay case. I also would like to be refunded for a return post, but under Ebay protection policies, these costs are not covered as far as I understood them. Will post back once I receive a reply from Ebay.
    +1
    I've called Ebay customer support and they told me just to wait for the Resolution Center decision (within 72 hours). I would love to send the link and/or the pictures but I dont know the address - I guess if I send it to general ebay email I would be attended to by the end of this century, although I might be wrong.

12. prady

prady Active Member

Its a easy win... ebay will rule in ur favor...

13. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

This is awful. It's sellers like this who ruin it for the rest of us.... [​IMG]

14. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I just tracked down the original ebay listing. The photos of the suit is from a very far perspective. And the trousers can't be seen easily in the pics.

15. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Link to original auction?

16. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

I can't see the stains (thankfully) but that sleeve wear looks bad - I would think someone at paypal would figure out pretty quickly that you could not have put that much wear on a sleeve if the suit was NWT just a couple of weeks ago.

17. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus

Dude, you have this won. Plus your return postage. Neg the fucking balls off the seller. eBay does not give a shit if they are on vacation or if they say that you didnt send it back in the same condition. You have this case wrapped up. Go have a beer now.

This is awful. It's sellers like this who ruin it for the rest of us.... [​IMG]

Seriously. Hey, you want to buy an awesome Ben Silver tie?

18. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Agree with above.

Also, OP, don't buy Z line.

19. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

Yeah, not even sure why you made the thread... if you can't decide how ebay will rule on this matter, you deserve a suit like this [​IMG] . Or you just wanted to bitch to all of us. [​IMG]

20. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

That is a used and poorly taken care of suit. I would what ever is needed to get your money back. It is assholes like that, that make it hard for people like me that put up items on Ebay to not get as many bids because people do not trust EBay anymore.