Ebay Case. Decide for yourselves.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AE7, Apr 12, 2011.

1. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

I can't see the stains (thankfully) but that sleeve wear looks bad - I would think someone at paypal would figure out pretty quickly that you could not have put that much wear on a sleeve if the suit was NWT just a couple of weeks ago.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Dude, you have this won. Plus your return postage. Neg the fucking balls off the seller. eBay does not give a shit if they are on vacation or if they say that you didnt send it back in the same condition. You have this case wrapped up. Go have a beer now.

This is awful. It's sellers like this who ruin it for the rest of us.... [​IMG]

Seriously. Hey, you want to buy an awesome Ben Silver tie?

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Agree with above.

Also, OP, don't buy Z line.

4. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

Yeah, not even sure why you made the thread... if you can't decide how ebay will rule on this matter, you deserve a suit like this [​IMG] . Or you just wanted to bitch to all of us. [​IMG]

5. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

That is a used and poorly taken care of suit. I would what ever is needed to get your money back. It is assholes like that, that make it hard for people like me that put up items on Ebay to not get as many bids because people do not trust EBay anymore.

6. Sentinel

Sentinel Active Member

I'd wish you good luck on the ruling, but I can't see how you'd need any.

Hopefully there won't be any more hassle after this. It's too bad anyone has to deal with sellers like her.

7. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

8. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Before I buy anything on Ebay, I always save a copy of the entire page of the advertised item, and save copies of all the photos.
    Then I toss all the data into a ZIP file in case I need to make a claim later.
    Sorry to read of your mishap and I hope you get a favourable ruling.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Before I buy anything on Ebay, I always save a copy of the entire page of the advertised item, and save copies of all the photos.
    Then I toss all the data into a ZIP file in case I need to make a claim later.
    Sorry to read of your mishap and I hope you get a favourable ruling.

Why would you go through all this time when you can access the auction page for 45 days after it ends, unalterable by the seller? If you have not received it in more than 2-3 weeks, thats still 20 extra days that you can use that page for your information - and eBay can access it at any time during a claim? Seems like a lot of extra work/disk usage for nothing.

10. MyOtherLife

You are correct Spoo, but 30 years of engineering did this to me. I document everything. I even document the documents.
    Suppose all the Ebay servers were obliterated and everything destroyed, I'll still have my backup.
    All browsers have some form of this feature and it can come in handy, if not for this application, then for others.

11. SpooPoker

You are correct Spoo, but 30 years of engineering did this to me. I document everything. I even document the documents.
    Suppose all the Ebay servers were obliterated and everything destroyed, I'll still have my backup.
    All browsers have some form of this feature and it can come in handy, if not for this application, then for others.

DAMN. Do you keep a handwritten copy of all your SF posts too?

12. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

*takes photo of this post with cell phone, MMS messages to e-mail and work e-mail, and takes photo of the photo and repeats*

13. SpooPoker

*takes photo of this post with cell phone, MMS messages to e-mail and work e-mail, and takes photo of the photo and repeats*

Oh haiii Mooo [​IMG]

14. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Oh haiii Mooo [​IMG]

Hey brabra

15. MyOtherLife

[​IMG] It's not that bad, no. Let's put it this way, remember those Mission Control guys in 'Apollo 13' ?
    [​IMG]

I was trained and mentored by guys exactly like this, and I mean that as a compliment to them.
    They were extremely meticulous and thorough, and I can't tell you how many times it proved invaluable if there was ever a concern; sort of a 'hope for the best-prepare for the worst' ideology.