• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raffaele Caruso suits from eHaberdasher

CBRYDR

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased from them? It is said on their website that they are from the "Sartoria Parma" line, but I'm curious to know why the price is relatively low for the aforementioned line. Shouldnt they be flying off the shelves? Or is it because majority of the inventory is 3-button?

I've done an extensive search, but if someone can please post their RC pics, I am curious to know of their fit. I am looking for a lighter colored (grey, grey with pins, light colored plaid) for the summer season (no navy, black, or charcoal). In addition, here is what I'm looking for:

- Low rise trouser flats
- lower leg opening (if possible)
- higher arm hole coat with suppressed waist (a la "fashion forward" trim fit)
- would like functional sleeves
- looking to spend $600-700

I've been doing a lot of search on the net, Ebay, and B/S, but I need something quite soon since one of my suit trousers is in the ICU getting "invisible mending" work done. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBRYDR
Has anyone purchased from them? It is said on their website that they are from the "Sartoria Parma" line, but I'm curious to know why the price is relatively low for the aforementioned line. Shouldnt they be flying off the shelves? Or is it because majority of the inventory is 3-button?

I've done an extensive search, but if someone can please post their RC pics, I am curious to know of their fit. I am looking for a lighter colored (grey, grey with pins, light colored plaid) for the summer season (no navy, black, or charcoal). In addition, here is what I'm looking for:

- Low rise trouser flats

I've been doing a lot of search on the net, Ebay, and B/S, but I need something quite soon since one of my suit trousers is in the ICU getting "invisible mending" work done. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

If you find your size, DO IT. They match your requirements to a "T" and ehaberdasher is good peepho.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score

They arent flying off the shelves NOT because they are three-button or anything to do with the website (they are mostly all 3 roll 2.5 , which is an sf-approved look, i actually like it more than 3 roll 2 ) but just because in general consumerism is still sort of on the down low.
if you are in the market for a nice suit, i say go get one you won't be disappointed.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I just bought a greay flannel suit from there and it is on it's way. From my point of view a Caruso made suit of Carlo Barbera flannel with patch pockets for 640 delivered is not a bad deal.

Only hiccup is that from their pics it looks to be a true 3 button jacket rather than a 3 roll 2/2.5.

spst_grys1a.jpg

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My charcoal chalk stripe 3-roll-2.5 is among my favorites.

CBRYDR

Reaction score
aj_del;3127034 said:
FWIW, I just bought a greay flannel suit from there and it is on it's way. From my point of view a Caruso made suit of Carlo Barbera flannel with patch pockets for 640 delivered is not a bad deal.

Only hiccup is that from their pics it looks to be a true 3 button jacket rather than a 3 roll 2/2.5.

thanks for the pic AJ. The one that I'm looking at, looks like a 3 more than a 3 roll 2, and I would be kind of disappointed if I got the latter. I can't stand the visible top buttonhole on the lapel rolls in a 3 roll 2. That's just my preference. This is what I am looking at:

caruso_AC0J060220a.jpg

I'm hoping the product viewed is what I'm receiving.

jc138

Reaction score

- Low rise trouser flats

Only reason I'm not game is because I am broke. These look great.

CBRYDR

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jc138
Only reason I'm not game is because I am broke. These look great.

Well, for me, it's also a tax break, since my work requires me to wear suits on a daily basis...

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del

spst_grys1a.jpg

It looks very nice,please post pictures when you get the suit. Love the cloth.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was either this or the rlpl cashmere suit you bought, I went for this as there is some possibility that this would be worn as separates

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was either this or the rlpl cashmere suit you bought, I went for this as there is some possibility that this would be worn as separates

That suit is actually spring/summer weight. The one you bought is flannel and must be 13-14 oz so they are two different animals. Caruso cuts don't work for me though,I'd have to go MTM but I think Caruso MTM is one of the best values out there,they go around $1400 and that's hell of a deal.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Only hiccup is that from their pics it looks to be a true 3 button jacket rather than a 3 roll 2/2.5

out of curiosity, can that be changed? (3 to 3r2)
pressed, ironed, tailored?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to some members, yes but I personally dont think so. If you try to iron it to a lower position the lapel roll will surely go.

BTW, is the true 3 button totally dead in SF opinion

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member