• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Still trying to figure out why the jeans and A-Lifes don't look "right". Not sure if it's the lacing or the taper of the jeans or what. Here's the shoes from the side. If it's the taper of the jeans, I'll just reserve them for when I'm wearing the APC's (not wearing them now because I need a layer of long johns, as it's 10* F in CT).
You really don't need a layer of long johns for 10 F Unless you the job you work or something causes you to be outside for multiple hours each day.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homeless_Haitian
Small don't fit me. I been wearing a Purple hoodie since 07" I usually wear bright colors because i'm so cynical. My goal is to express myself in some other way. The khaki's were from when i worked at Macy's So i decided to wear em and see how they work. My shoes are great, Been wearing them constantly for 2 years and they still look almost new. Really impressed with the quality. Seriously if i was dropped into fallout 3 and had only to choose 1 pair of shoes, I'd prolly choose these. I can definitely understand the critiques though; I do agree with you guys for the most part.

A few months ago I was where you are at now in that i wanted to start expressing myself by what i wear. However, i figured out that this is very difficult to do without compromising the main goal of dressing well: to look good.

There are some people on this forum (e.g. Leonard Leroy) who can express themselves and look good at the same time, but until i reach such lofty heights i'm focusing on doing simple things well.

Coincidentally, this is what i'm wearing today:
DSC00223.jpg

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Do you like bread and butter, do you like toast and jam?

I don't think combining personal expression with aesthetics is really so difficult. It helps to have some sort of "eye" for design and color to begin with, of course, and some ideas of what colors/forms work for you in particular.

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido

& I know "youse" hate lifestyle shots since it's hard to imagine there is life outside the internet..

Have a good week end all..

Incorrect. I very much enjoy the lifestyle shots. My life is overworked, domesticated, and suburban, so it's nice to vicariously escape.

Listening to Hot Jazz Saturday Night, and lovin' it.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To answer a couple of questions.

Bag is Duluth Pack Wanderer.
Jacket is Krane.

Riio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Haven't posted a fit pic in ages. Edited out awkward blink/squint

updatedm.jpg

looking good, scott. nice to see some posts of yours over here since i haven't checked sufu much in a few months. always enjoy your fits from gothy to more street stuff

looks good, pretty different from what i remember your old fits were like. what boots?

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
^^^Nice, excellent fit on the jacket! iTunes Playing: Hotellounge by Adem from the record Takes
IMG_4277a.jpg
Weekend ****: Alt A Vintage x All Saints Droppy Crotchy x Con Beaters

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I like the jacket, Bruder. Good to see you in those Lees. I've been going for a more relaxed look, too, but I've felt odd about it at times as most of my outerwear is fairly form-fitting so I feel like I look a bit bottom-heavy. Still, it looks great for you.

Ich habe ein paar Postkarten für Sie.

I'm really enjoying wearing this jacket. Its down-filled but isn't so puffed-up. The Lee 101B's are fairly baggy with a very high rise. Still breaking them in. Wasn't sure about them but I like them now. Can't wait until they get softer.

Originally Posted by APK
To be fair and not show any alleged bias against the newer folks, I think Berlin's sweater is hideous. And I usually love his stuff.

Originally Posted by snake
crazy.gif
Ugly sweater party? I usually like your fits..

You broke my heart.
smile.gif

Homeless_Haitian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
A few months ago I was where you are at now in that i wanted to start expressing myself by what i wear. However, i figured out that this is very difficult to do without compromising the main goal of dressing well: to look good.

There are some people on this forum (e.g. Leonard Leroy) who can express themselves and look good at the same time, but until i reach such lofty heights i'm focusing on doing simple things well.

Coincidentally, this is what i'm wearing today:

I started out the opposite. I use to play it safe while i was figuring out my fit and sizing for things. The more confident i became with basics the more i decided to mix it up. I am very finnicky about color schemes. I had green shirt matching the green shoes while white and dark brown worked with the khaki. The white lining on the zipper lets the green work as a layer. My first time ever wearing those khakis outside of work. As you can see by my demeanor I look to unfriendly so i feel the purple helps. Plus i Love purple hue's. I feel this is just new poster bias, but I have been a member for over 2 years I was just banned for messing with people a little to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members