• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I have to admit that one thing I like about J. Crew is how well they do their catalogs--how they do their photography. Even if I don't like the item, the photography is almost always interesting.

+1.
I noticed this years ago.

cristeza

Reaction score
I've had a pair of the J Crew Mac's for 4 years now. Wore them to work everyday for about three of the years. The quality is fine. The suede ages and holds up well. The only problem is those freaking laces. I have replaced them seven times. Worst laces ever. You can't find that color and length anywhere. If you call J Crew customer service they will send you a replacement pair, but it takes forever. Also, I paid half of retail for them. Would never pay the full price tag.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the MacAllister DB's in person for the first time in DC, they looked much cheaper than the Clark's even though they cost more. The only problem I have with Clark's is that it's tough to find good colors. I'll search ebay because the Sand color I have don't really go with any of my khakis.

I didn't realize the season was on the tag, good to know. I was pleased to find out that my lightweight regular fit chinos are from SP 09.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
^
cola suede is nice color for khakis that isn't too light/ dark.

Yeah been looking for it, but the website doesn't have it. The dark brown would work but I dunno, just looks too hot for summer, makes me feel kinda hot and dusty.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Yeah been looking for it, but the website doesn't have it. The dark brown would work but I dunno, just looks too hot for summer, makes me feel kinda hot and dusty.

Yeah, actually I think it may have a seasonal color a year or two back, similar to how they did the grey suede versions. They should really re-release. The wolf color they put out was slightly more recently, it's a bit lighter than the cola I think, but doesn't seem that bad.

Here's a recent thread about looking for them to little avail: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=57704

I agree about the dark brown, not the greatest color for summer... Hmm, have you thought about buying the dark brown and setting them in a sunny window for a few weeks and lightening them that way? Not sure if it suede would work the same way as other leathers react to the UV.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
**** no. I just bought sand suede today after a long search. I think they're the perfect color, not to mention iconic as hell.

If you're looking for a lighter brown, I suggest the wolf suede. Right off the rack, they look a little light but they darken up very fast with only a little wear.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sand is very iconic, however, I just don't feel like they match anything I have very well. I currently wear the sand with dark blue jeans and they look good, but that's it. I'm usually all in favor of the original design and color of things, but something about the sand makes it difficult.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector

I bit the bullet and bought the Cola Suede from Oi Polloi in UK. Worth every penny, IMO.

Great color. The perfect brown.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Site was just updated this morning with some new arrivals including a new large gingham and some madras and plaid shirts.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ that's sick because my wife wants to dress our "future children" in J crew, but there's no way I am spending over $100 on something the kid is going to grow out of in 6 months. Maybe if he/she is a child prodigy... then I'd consider it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minhnguyen38