• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked these up yesterday, absolutely stunning.

D1A615F7061841FFB64809AB121AF4CF.jpg

BD6F237BE84945CD9311430D01D72F18.jpg

8F8C81ECF4CB409E92C9BF01FAB546C6.jpg

4FB46AAC79A1497D81A9C4EF65E9F1F4.jpg

9DB72BD0BDE64A90B8F3ACC483310BA2.jpg

AA1967C3ABC94F849DDC6C7C3DC5CFCE.jpg

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YOHJI YAMAMOTO INC. OFFICIAL WEB STORE
「THE SHOP YOHJI YAMAMOTO」
GLOBAL LAUNCH ON THURSDAY AUGUST 22ND 2018 AT 15:00 (JAPAN TIME)

YOHJI YAMAMOTO, INC. will launch the Official Web Store
“THE SHOP YOHJI YAMAMOTO” on Thursday 22nd of August 2018 at 15:00 (Japan time).
Originating from Japan, this portal in English will accept payments in US dollars. Starting with “S’YTE”, the online exclusive brand, “Ground Y”, online limited editions of existing brands like “Y’s” or “Yohji Yamamoto +Noir”, “discord” and “Limi feu”, this portal will cover numerous brands from Yohji Yamamoto’s Design Studio. “S’YTE” and “Ground Y” were both exclusive to the Japanese domestic market, but they will finally be available for purchase outside of Japan.
The settlements can be made by VISA, MASTERCARD or PAYPAL. The shipments will be handled by EMS and will cover 130 countries worldwide.

Starting with “S’YTE”, the online exclusive brand, “Ground Y”, online limited editions of existing brands like “Y’s” or “Yohji Yamamoto +Noir”, “discord” and “Limi feu”, this portal will cover numerous brands from Yohji Yamamoto’s Design Studio.
“S’YTE” and “Ground Y” were both exclusive to the Japanese domestic market, but they will finally be available for purchase outside of Japan for the very first time.
39775329_1351904958277311_33046917189468160_o.jpg

NycLondon

Reaction score
Let's see how this venture progresses, the current selection seems merely OK. On the up side, I walked into therealreal store in SoHo and snaffled a proper Yohji coat from 2016 for $600!

"SEATTLE—A study released Thursday by the Pacific Parenting Institute found that owning a seriously cool leather jacket is significantly more fulfilling than raising a child to adulthood."

I read something on the internet too, it may not have been true.

NycLondon

Reaction score
Please post a pic of the coat when you get a chance.
yohjicoat2.jpg

Nominally it is one of those reversible garments (2 sets of buttons, etc), with an inside Classic Black (frayed). However, the more finished blue is much better. I am really looking forward to wearing this!
I bought a "3 layer" jacket from the runway show in s/s 2015, which is even more "intellectual" - 3 sets of buttons! My guess is this was from the same collection, but I do not know.
Yohji-Wenders.jpg

From the great Wim Wenders film about Yamamoto.

apbarbarian

Reaction score
does anyone know if all Y's for Men clothes have a 'for mens' label or some just have a Y's label? Or after closing Y's For Men, the Y's line had pieces for men and women?

NycLondon

Reaction score
does anyone know if all Y's for Men clothes have a 'for mens' label or some just have a Y's label? Or after closing Y's For Men, the Y's line had pieces for men and women?

Many Yohji are "unisex", so it can be confusing. I visited both his shops in Paris last week, as I am living there for 2 months, and in both cases I tried men's and women's coats. While some female can be too feminin for my taste (the waist is decidedly pinched for female bodies), many are so unstructured it does not matter.
yohjiCoat.jpg

STRUTTER

Reaction score
@apbarbarian
yes, there used to be items for men under the plain "Y's" monicker. The item code for the women's line will begin with a Y (i.e. YM-...). As for the men's, it should begin with an M (i.e. MX-...), the same as the Y's For Men items. A men's line in the "Y's" label has been discontinued after 2009 if I'm not mistaken, and now the men's (or "genderless) line publishes under the name "Y's Bang On!" and "Ground Y". I think Y's Bang On! is supposed to be a spiritual successor to Y's for men (given the recent popularity of YYPH); however, I'm not sure how much of the original team remains.

KaptialSteez

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Yohji but loved him for a while.

Any tips on how to pull of drapey looks with narrow shoulders and big hips? I don't want to look like I am wearing maternity clothing and make me look frumpy which it sometimes can.

AliWong

Reaction score
@STRUTTER Hi there, just seen your post, is it always without fail the case that a Y's piece beginning Y will be a women's piece? I'm quite sure i've seen some y's stuff with an item code beginning Y that is menswear?

Could anyone else elaborate/clear this up for me?

fistinyoface

Reaction score
I'm looking at picking up some Yohji stuff. The tops are easy: just buy big. The pants process is, well, complicated. I'm between a small and medium waist size. So I figured I'd err on the side of caution and look at size 3 stuff. Well, some of it seems about right, some is huge, and I've even found a great pair of pants in size 4 that have a listed waist size at 76cm. What the hell? Please, can someone offer any advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads