Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  2. pekkanto

pekkanto New Member

Finally got my first yohji piece, which I'm wearing in my profile picture.

Just asking for help in identifying which collection these are from. It's Y's Black Label, and the identifying code is YM - P19 - 315 which I'm having trouble making sense of. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

3. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

They are 100% Y's women's pants, very likely ss08 if the size of the pants is numerical.

4. cupper

cupper Senior member

Hi all

Yohji Yamamoto’s mastery of menswear
    "Once its enfant terrible, Yohji Yamamoto is now an elder statesman of fashion, his cool, minimalist menswear more desirable than ever and his label achieving double-digit growth. He talks to Mark C O’Flaherty about his striking collection and why he’ll never fall out of love with black. Portrait by Mark C O’Flaherty"​

5. NGOStudio

NGOStudio Senior member

That wool pant got me drooling lol. His stuffs might be boring to look at but totally different once they're on a body. I used to own a bomber leather jacket from his Y's label, but sold it due to the naked girl tattoo on the back got me into trouble with cops and some random soccer moms. Still regretting it sometimes :(

6. NGOStudio

NGOStudio Senior member

Found an old pic of that jacket, I should have grown some ball to keep it :))

Back Ys.jpg

7. Elopere

Elopere New Member

Hey all, I'm in need of assistance in finding some info about Yohji.

I distinctly remember having read or seen a post regarding Yohjis' time at his mothers shop and how he got requests from customers who wanted to resemble Hollywood actors or celebrities, something he ultimately got fed up with. Does this ring a bell to anyone? Unfortunately I can't seem to find this anywhere, any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

8. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

https://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/video/inside-yohji-yamamotos-fashion-philosophy

https://www.nowness.com/story/yohji-yamamoto-a-kind-of-woman-by-matthew-donaldson

Last edited: May 22, 2017 at 11:20 AM