• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are arriving tomorrow. Super excited. Front pockets have orange contrast stitching.

StevenE

Reaction score
BEST. SHOW. EVER.

Cannot wait to see the videos in motion but looks unbelievable. It's such a blow-out I momentarily wondered if it could be his coup-de-grace to his fashion career. I'm sure it isn't but if so what a way to go this would be. Amazing.

also, love the boots.

davidlee388

Reaction score

Indeed.
Awesome coats
How do you compare with previous collections David? haven't followed YYF.

Also are these the Japanese Gods Fujin and Raijin?

Would love to see Yohji san play with Japanese mythology in men's.

I don't follow YYF that much either. Asobu & Wire.Artist are def more qualified to comment. Really admire the master for pushing himself at this stage of his career. IMHO though, like for like, as a Runway presentation, this is much stronger than AW13. Also better than SS14 & SS13.

There is also a wider scope of wearability of these clothes in women's fashion. My Mrs said she would wear a lot of these catwalk pieces whilst I can't say the same about those of YYPH AW14 myself.

Last edited:

TroubIe

Reaction score
Holy. ****.

Off to work right now so only skimmed through it but wow.

A collection hasn't made me this excited in a while.

Just ******* amazing.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yohji is really on fire this year. Also haven't had time to sit down and look through the pics, but on first pass, looks amazing. Love his play on proportions, shapes, and the form of the material for the duvet/blanket coats. Use of art in this is better than the men's collection imo.

Good stuff.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dudes´ also need cool anime coats!!!!

This collection is such a wonderful trip to everything that is cool since the inception of earth.

davidlee388

Reaction score
What separated this from the PH AW14 show ( and to this Yohji fan, at least more appealing ) is on the Runway there were ( I counted briefly ) 22 " black " Looks as opposed to ONE only in the men's ( the last Look ). That gave a better balance to the show, something for everyone.

I try to imagine what the flagship store will look like in 6 months, 4 of these coats will take up the whole rack haha.

myname

Reaction score
I try to imagine what the flagship store will look like in 6 months, 4 of these coats will take up the whole rack haha.

So true.
smile.gif
But this is also what I really like about Yohji's shops... every piece is given its own due / space, and that really allows you to consider (or re-look at) it.

I wasn't really interested in S/S 2014, but a trip to the Aoyama shop last week finally gave me an appreciation for it. Being very excited by the A/W 2014-2015 runway pics, I really look forward to seeing the whole collection (even pieces I know I won't buy) in store (women's line included).

davidlee388

Reaction score
This during a Far East break a few weeks back.

YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora Hat - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - in black, 100% wool.

YYPH SS14 Look 21 Cut-out Shirt - ( HG-B10-217 ) - in black, 100% soft hand satin smooth rayon. Size 2 with a long fit, lovely collar. 7B closure, concealed except collar one. 2, 4 and 1 long cut-outs on upper chest, upper back and bicep areas respectively. Beautiful movement worn untucked.

YYPH SS14 Look 10 Wrap Skirt-pants - ( HG-P40-100 ) - in navy, 100% signature wool gabardine. Size 2 fits spot on. They break new grounds construction wise..I'll try my best to elaborate. Button closure with elasticated waist, drawstrings + 7 belt loops, zipped fly, 2 low-cut back buttoned pockets, 2 side pockets. Double layered construction, inner one as cropped pants, length is spot on, outer layer essentially a skirt with long split at back ( closed with 5 buttons ). Outer layer partly " wraps " the front left to right with buckle + long dangling strap. The silhouette + movement offered are simply astonishing especially with shirt tucked. Wool gabardine means a trans-seasonal piece, so versatile.

Consverse canvas hi-tops in black.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
thought i'd share some recent pickups , as the thawing snows allow more and more freedom of choice rather than just thick dark wool layers :)

ss11 straw hat
aw03 pick stitch wool gab jacket which sadly i cannot keep :-(
ss00 rayon shirt incredibly soft and cut long
ss00 high-waisted wool gab trousers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads