• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

valter

Reaction score

• Wool felt hat / YYPH A/W12
  • Wool gabardine shawl coat with inner belt construction / YYPH A/W11
  • Wool gabardine double layer waistcoat / YYPH A/W12
  • Cotton jersey shirt with embroidered back / YYPH A/W07
  • Wool gabardine drawstring pants / Y’s for men A/W93
  • Leather boots / YYPH

Altogether 17 pockets in the whole outfit...

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
On top of 17 pockets, black on black on black on black in the whole outfit, very cool :slayer:

Congrats on acquiring your grail aka the wool iteration of AW11 Look 7 Shawl Collar Coat at last!

valter

Reaction score
My thanks goes to you, David, for instantly informing me when it went for sale! I owe you one!

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
David is the man :slayer:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taken from the Yohji Yamamoto Shinjuku store's Facebook page -

‎2013 SPRING/SUMMER
1月18日(金) START

THEME

吹けば飛ぶような、風になびく服。

空気をはらんで大きく膨らむシルエット。光が透けるほど薄い生地のギャザーパンツやドルマンスリーブのジャケットは、歩くたびに風を集めてなびく。
風の吹くまま流浪するボヘミアンのように、社会の規範に縛られず自由な考え方で世界中を巡り歩くことができる軽やかな服。

2013年1月18日 一足早い春の訪れです。
ご来店を心よりお待ち致しております。
2013 SPRING/SUMMER

1/18 START

THEME

Fluttering in the wind blows like a flying clothes. Silhouette greatly swollen, fraught with air.
Dolman and optical see-through thin fabric gathers pants jacket walks, fluttering in the wind.

Light clothes without being bound to the norms of society Bohemian roamed the wind blowing, you can travel all over the world in a free way of thinking.
1/18/2013 Is in early spring. We are looking forward welcome sincerely. (Translated by Bing)

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
Outfit for today + my wife's birthday dinner later.

Y's Yohji Yamamoto AW05 Pitti Uomo String Lapel Blazer - ( MO-J06-103 ) - a different iteration from TWorksheets's superb piece, with a bizarre MO- code, 100% thick flannel wool. Size 3, deep black, horn buttons, 2B closure + 3B working sleeves. Fully lined in cupro. 3 outside pockets, 2 inside chest + 2 bottom pockets, 7 in all. Deep vent. Aggressive peak lapels with exquisite 12 eyelet leather string detailing. Immaculate construction.

Close up

YYPH SS06 Multi-pocket Pants - ( HR-P55-100 ) - 100% signature wool gab, size 2 TTS fit, horn buttons, 3 large front waist pockets + 4 usual ones.

YYPH SS Tee - ( HA-T91-952 ) Dark navy, 100% medium weight cotton.

Creepers.

So, 14 pockets in this outfit. That will do :)

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
happy birthday to Mrs David Lee :)

two bits of color on the pull-tabs holding down the leather, like Mr and Mrs Lee, two lovebirds holding hands -- may it be for a hundred more years

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tough act to follow Auburn :slayer:

Details
Issey blazer
YYPH pants (same as previous photo)
OXS shoes

I have been having an issue with these pants in that the fold unravels very easily, any ideas why?

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
1. The fabric is too soft.
2. The hems are too wide.
3. 1 and 2.

The cropped pant look ain't supposed to be millimetrically precise in my view. But if you are concerned by it, you may have to take them to the tailor and have them permanently turned up ( sewn ).

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I will just because even if i wear it at true waist its too long for me, oddly enough the waist size is fine. I don't mind the neatness, the real issue is that it unravels and i dont want it dragging on the floor getting scratched up :)

Has anyone taken a look at the regulation lookbook up on the YY site? I thought it was nice if a little underwhelming

Also, is this young yohji?

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy birthday to the missus David and I hope you guys have a great dinner :). You guys should totally do a picture together, hehe.

Ben, are you referring to the lookbook itself being underwhelming or is it the show? If the former, well it is basically just the runway shots + product codes like they did last season. I guess with the new financiers, fancy look book shoots with high concepts are on hold for a bit which is pretty sad considering the history that YY has with innovative shoots. If the latter, curious to hear your thoughts.

And yes, that is indeed a young Yohji. Might actually be from Notebook on Cities & Clothes come to think of it...

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
Thanks for the best wishes Ivwri and shah, we are just about going out for dinner ( the supersized YY pants come in handy lol ), my wife is super shy for a picture though. ( you both know what she looks like anyway from the other public domain haha )

I actually quite like the Regulation, they are what they are, uniform made in more utilitarian fabrics for a more youthful audience.

Btw the YY website has just been updated today, absolutely wrong timing for me since I'm asking SS to enquire quite a few AW12 ( YYPH + Y's ) pieces in the Tokyo sale and I need the AW12 tag codes for reference..... :( Furthernore Hide is down with the flu so I guess all will be in vain like the SS12 sale, well hope he gets well soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads