• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Evacipator

Reaction score
Ah, my mistake - I misunderstood. Thought you meant that all the denim loafers were discounted, but the (non-denim) belgians were not.

stuck_in_norway

Reaction score
Yeah, no. It's a bit odd, I thought, since both the other two denim loafers as well as the only other belgian loafer (non denim) is on sale. Makes it seem like a slip up, perhaps.

edit: it's fixed now

Last edited:

Jon 1981

Reaction score
Hey
Just after some sizing help. I range between a UK8 to 8.5 with most brands. Looking at ordering the Patterson on the GQ06 last in an F.
Can you recommended what size I should go with?

EG 8.5
G&G 8.5
St.C 8.5
Berwick 8
Astorflex 8

Are my current shoe brands with corresponding sizes.

Kind regards

too_poor_for_this

Reaction score
Just reaffirming what @Evacipator said, I have their safari jacket and unfortunately you can't extend/lengthen the sleeves as it's a shirt cuff. If your tailor is good, he could shorten it by 0.5" but not ideal. If you are unsure of your sleeve length, I think getting it slightly longer is always a safer bet than going shorter.

As a side note, I recently got their knitwear and am very impressed with them. It's great for this WFH environment that most of us are experiencing.

Their new green donegal fabric is also a F/W favorite atm - great visual texture and drapes really well.

Damn brother I need to get in on this high-waisted trouser life. Maybe for my re-entering into the outside world in 2023. How are the customs for deliveries from Singapore to Toronto?

zanci

Reaction score
Is it possible to buy without vat (to EU), so I just pay the vat here?

BomTrady

Reaction score
Hey
Just after some sizing help. I range between a UK8 to 8.5 with most brands. Looking at ordering the Patterson on the GQ06 last in an F.

EG 8.5
G&G 8.5
St.C 8.5
Berwick 8
Astorflex 8

Kind regards

You should pm @saurabh and/or @bsarosi - both really cool guys and super knowledgeable posters on this thread.
btw, I am like you in EG and GG, but I bought 8.5 in StC for a while until I realized I am an 8 in StC, not 8.5. Most people size down from EG and GG. Maybe next time you get a chance, try the 8 in StC and see how it works- just a note.

bsarosi

Reaction score
You should pm @saurabh and/or @bsarosi - both really cool guys and super knowledgeable posters on this thread.
btw, I am like you in EG and GG, but I bought 8.5 in StC for a while until I realized I am an 8 in StC, not 8.5. Most people size down from EG and GG. Maybe next time you get a chance, try the 8 in StC and see how it works- just a note.

Just saw this after @BomTrady tagged me. @Jon 1981 - based on your sizing for other makers, I suspect you’d be a size 8 in the GQ06 last; however, I don’t have any direct experience with that last so take with a grain of salt. And the only size of yours that throws me off is the 8.5 in StC...I take that size but wear UK 9 in GG and EG. One key question is your instep. If you have a low instep, you may need a last adjustment, which can be arranged by the Yeossal team. If your instep is standard or slightly high, I think you’ll be ok with the size 8. But my recommendation is to reach out Jackson @jacksomeister on SF or contact Yeossal customer service. I have nothing but positive feedback on the Yeossal customer service and they can best help you assess fit. Best of luck with your purchase and I’m confident you’ll be very happy with the outcome.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey

EG 8.5
G&G 8.5
St.C 8.5
Berwick 8
Astorflex 8

Kind regards

Just saw this after @BomTrady tagged me. @Jon 1981 - based on your sizing for other makers, I suspect you’d be a size 8 in the GQ06 last; however, I don’t have any direct experience with that last so take with a grain of salt. And the only size of yours that throws me off is the 8.5 in StC...I take that size but wear UK 9 in GG and EG. One key question is your instep. If you have a low instep, you may need a last adjustment, which can be arranged by the Yeossal team. If your instep is standard or slightly high, I think you’ll be ok with the size 8. But my recommendation is to reach out Jackson @jacksomeister on SF or contact Yeossal customer service. I have nothing but positive feedback on the Yeossal customer service and they can best help you assess fit. Best of luck with your purchase and I’m confident you’ll be very happy with the outcome.
Thanks @BomTrady :)
@Jon 1981 - based on your current size between 8 to 8.5 I think it’s hard to say with certainty whether Uk 8 or Uk 8.5 will fit you best in Yeossal lasts but I would lean towards 8.5 based on your StC size of 8.5 if that fits you very snug and not loose. And If EG is not snug in 8.5 then you should size down to size 8 in yeossal.
I don’t have any experience of GQ06 last of Yeossal so it will be best to discuss sizing with them. I would echo what @bsarosi mentioned and I feel that Yeossal has slightly higher instep than EG/G&G/C&J etc so if you have a standard instep then lowering of instep by 3-5 mm will be most logical thing to do and that has worked for me perfectly in last 2 orders. There is also an option to try a sample pair from Yeossal and pay shipping charges to lock in your size. I think Yeossal customer service and team is amazing. Worst case they even offer return of a MTO with a restocking fee in case of size issues which I haven’t seen anywhere else. Hope this is helpful and best of luck.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received their boots from the recent GMTO? Their IG said they’re starting to trickle out and I’m hoping for some inspiration (and fitting experience)

svf

Reaction score
Has anyone received their boots from the recent GMTO? Their IG said they’re starting to trickle out and I’m hoping for some inspiration (and fitting experience)
Yes, my Patterson's arrived last week. Unfortunately they were too large, which was odd bc the same size in an AM derby (also purchased from Yeossal) was snug. Based on the pictures they advised dropping down a full size, so I shipped them back and reordered. Back to waiting...

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, my Patterson's arrived last week. Unfortunately they were too large, which was odd bc the same size in an AM derby (also purchased from Yeossal) was snug. Based on the pictures they advised dropping down a full size, so I shipped them back and reordered. Back to waiting...

Wow, I’ve heard they run large but a full size down from what you actually ordered is pretty far off. What last did you choose?

svf

Reaction score
Yeah, it was hard sending them back, but really no way to make them work. I got the DR70; I was torn between that and the SG65, although the fit would be the same. I really hope the size down works. I’d hate to go 0-2.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was hard sending them back, but really no way to make them work. I got the DR70; I was torn between that and the SG65, although the fit would be the same. I really hope the size down works. I’d hate to go 0-2.
I’m in the same boat and totally missed on sizing. Waiting to send mine back to try again until getting new sizing guidance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads